JBW employs convicted criminals with unspent convictions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Theres no rules saying JBW cannot employ someone with an unspent conviction.

It only means they cannot obtain a bailiffs certificate because the court asks for a clean CRB before allowed to handle public money.

He can lawfully work as a high court enforcer and a debt collector because they neither need a cerificate, nor handle public money. An unspent can work alongside a certificated bailiff, e.g. as a driver or porter.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

Its OK, as far as I know, provided the conviction is not for theft dishonesty or breach of trust.

Convictions for petty things like leaving a wheelie lid open or dropping a sweet wrapper can be disregarded.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

Hey everyone,

I've just read about JBW employing a criminal with an unspent conviction - page two of this report: http://www.jbwgroup.co.uk/web/downloads/Changing%20Opinions.pdf

Does anyone know who this is and how they can justify keeping this person on!?

Tal

As it happens, a few people within the industry do know of this and although on the face of it it would appear to be alarming, this person does not work as a bailiff and does not have day to day access to money and I understand that he is very experienced in a managerial role and it was for this reason that JBW have stood by him.

I am surprised to read about it in a press report such as this, but on reflection, I have to applaud the company for their honesty.

I fully support any company that can give a person a second chance and this would appear to be the case in this instance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Done some more digging here and it seems the employee they are referring to had his own bailiff company and was arrested for stealing hundreds of thousands of pounds in tax payers monies which he pocketed and never paid back to his clients. His conviction remains unspent. Should he really be allowed to work in another bailiff company?! :-x

Tal

Isn't the issue here what this guy does at the company? Does he have a job where he could be tempted to re-offend? If not, shouldn't he be allowed to work in the business he knows and the company use his expertise? Once people have paid their debt to society they shouldn't have to do mundane jobs because nobody trusts them but within limits be allowed to resume as normal a life as possible. Even bailiffs.

Hi guys,

Done some more digging here and it seems the employee they are referring to had his own bailiff company and was arrested for stealing hundreds of thousands of pounds in tax payers monies which he pocketed and never paid back to his clients. His conviction remains unspent. Should he really be allowed to work in another bailiff company?! :-x

Tal

I suppose the issue here is that JBW have taken the decision to employ him and that they are AWARE of his past. This would indicate that they are employing this person for his ABILITY to do the job to which he is employed.

He is NOT a certificated bailiff and accordingly he would not visit a property and remove goods and therefore he would not have access to cash.

Concerns could be raised by local authorities who would be instructing JBW to enforce council tax or parking ticket debts on their behalf but then again this would be for JBW to explain.