I have a Fault but they sent it back saying there was non?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have the SE C903. This is my second handset, the first one was also faulty but it got replaced. I have a memory card (which i have tested and is perfectly fine) - about every 1-2 hours my phone will (essentially) reset and say my memory card is not inserted, So i loose all my personal data and settings. when i go to "my stuff" it also says no memory card is inserted. I have to remove the battery, remove the memory card and reset the phone. (every 1-2 hours). I explained this on the email & phone to 3, I also told them due to Many problems with your network i will not pay the bill until this is fixed as it is my right. So we sent the phone off, 5 days later it was back saying our technician's could not find any problems. (i was also told on the phone, if i do need a replacement "same handset" it would cost ME £40, even though its faulty?). They are basically refusing to do anything now, what can i do? Im totally lost..

Thanks rob

(1) It is not your 'right' not to pay for service just because your phone does not work. Unless you have insurance to cover you, you are expected to put the SIM in another (cheap?) handset whilst your original is being repaired.

(2) You memory card may well be faulty and exhibit the errors you complain of. I'm unsure why you say it is 'fine' when there may be incompatibilities between thew handset and the card - which is not uncommon. Some phone dislkike certain brands.

(3) Many phones are returned for 'faults' that do not show up on the diagnostics printout. Did you return the memory card or take it out? If removed, you've taken away the clue they would need to discover the problem.

Memory is cheap - buy a replacement card that has a good speed rating and of a reputable brand. Your problemas will most likely disappear.

They state to leave the memory card at home. I also dont have a spare phone as i got this with the contract and got rid of the old. I know the memory card is fine becasue 2 of my friends also have the C903 and we kept it in there on a saturday and there was no problems

Yes - but when the memory card can contribute to the problem, it's pointless removing it. On the basis that your card worked fine in similar handsets (a) do they use the same firmware? (b) use the same clip mechanism to hold the chip in place?

All it takes id fluff or grease, or a mis-aligned pin to prevent the memory being read and these problems occur - worse when they're intermittent.

Yeah checked it and the phone version. Everytime i remove/place the card in i always give it a good blow. The 2 C903's i have tested them in are also witin 5 months old. I have tried explaining this to there Fantastic Customer service, but they do not have the slightest what i am saying

You have to remember CS have nothing to do with the handsets - only the network, service and billing. Hansets and the 100's they have issued since GSM started means they no longer can offer advice on individual handsets. This requires a face to face with the shop (if interested) or the service centre) MUCH better, where you can explain the problem ad they can look past the falults not identified by the diagnostic tool.

I have a 903 with the exact same problem. The handset has just been replaced but still the intermitent fault with the memory card ( 8gb sony m2 ). Memory card works perfectly fine in K800i. I have tried a 1Gb Sandisk card in the C903 but still the fault. Have contacted 3 customer services who say its the memory stick. Dont know what my next step is?

I have a 903 with the exact same problem. The handset has just been replaced but still the intermitent fault with the memory card ( 8gb sony m2 ). Memory card works perfectly fine in K800i. I have tried a 1Gb Sandisk card in the C903 but still the fault. Have contacted 3 customer services who say its the memory stick. Dont know what my next step is?

I know how u feel, I might contact there main office, They helped me out last year (ive had nothing but trouble) ill try get the email up- hopefully it sorts it self out soon