• Tweets

• This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CSA Woes - Someone Please Help

Keith W
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am desperately hoping someone can help me.

I have son by my ex GF and we split up before my son was born.

My son was born 19/o9/2004

Not long after my son was born the CSA contacted me and said I had to pay maintenance for my son, I had no problem with that.

They told me that as I was disabled and on benefits that they would ask the benefits agency to deduct that payments for my benefits which they did, I had no problem with that.

On the 30th of November 2009 the benefits agency wrote to me to tell me that they would no longer be taking payments from my benefits of behalf of the CSA.

I had no idea why this was so immediately rang the CSA to find out what was going on.

The CSA told me that my son had been taken into local authority care on 11th June 2009, which was news to me, and as such they were closing the case and I was no longer required to make any payments, they said they would write to me in due course to let me know but that these things take time.

Today, 2nd December 2009, I received a call from a lady at the CSA who told me that the case had finally been closed but that I owed them over £400!

I asked how could I possibly owe £400 when since day one the benefits agency have been taking the payments directly out of my benefits, she then told me that there was a period that no payments had been made and I must pay this.

I said that the benefits agency had been taking the money direct from my benefits each and every week and that it was not my fault that there was a break down in the system and that the payments were not made for a period of time to the CSA and that surly they should be chasing the benefits agency for the payments that they had no passed on, she said that no they did not have to do that because as far as they were concerned the payments were not made and that was my fault and I must pay the £400.

She then went on to say that I must have known that the payments were not being made and when I said that I did not and that as far as I was aware the payments were being made, she then outright accused me of lying! She then went on to say that I had refused to make the payments and when I said this was not possible because they are automatically taken from my benefits by the benefits agency and that I had no influence or choice in the matter, she then accused me of lying again!

I then said to her that I wanted them to prove that the payments were not made and that I was at fault and she told me that they did not have to do this.

She kept on insisting that I had to pay this £400 and I said as far as I was concerned I did not owe them this money and that I had my own family and children to support so did not have £400 anyway, to which she said she did not care and that the CSA would get the £400 by other means.

At this point I am afraid I lost it and she hung up on me.

I then went and dug out my collection schedule statements from the CSA and each and every one of then, including this years, say that no arrears are owed.

I then rang the CSA back and told then that all my collection schedule statements said I had no arrears but they said that meant nothing and that the arrears only show up for those people in employment, things just started to go round in circles with them saying I owed the money and must pay.

I am at my wits end with this, where do i stand? what can I do?

If anyone can help and advise me I would really appreciate it.

Take care, Keith

That sounds about right for the CSA going by my dealings with them, they havent a clue what they are doing (have a look at my thread in this forum to see what i have had to deal with from them)

One small thing, dont use the phone any more, its a waste of time with them, and you also have no proof of what they have said, make sure anything from now on is in a letter, although in my case they even ignored some letters.

Good luck, sorry I cant be of any more help

:madgrin:

Hi Keith

If you are on IB/IS then you can phone the department and ask them to request a record print of all deductons taken out of your benefit for the period in question. This should show that the money for CSA was deducted out of your benefit with no gaps if you know it has always been taken out. You can see this on screen but you need it in writing

The DWP may ask you to put this request in writing, if you do then make an appointment at your local jobcentre and get it faxed up, then check to see if the processing centre has recevied it.

This should solve your problem

Hi Mikey,

This will probably be my next step

I just cant believe how aggressive and downright rude the woman from the CSA was right from the off.

They have never ever contacted me before today about any supposed arrears, surely they would or should have if there had been a problem?

Another thing, which I forgot to mention when I wrote my initial post, when I rang the CSA on the 30th to find out why they has stopped taking the payments from my benefits the woman I spoke to said I would be repaid some money, dating back to the 11th June when my son was taken into local authority care, as it was an overpayment and I could expect to receive around £115, she then went on to ask me if I wanted that sent out in a giro or paid into the bank account that my benefits are paid into that was showing on her screen.

So it seems in a space of just 3 days they have gone from saying they owe me £115 to I owe them over £400!

Also I had two different time periods from the two people I spoke to today, the first woman said it was for non payment for a period of 8 months and second said it was for a period of just under a year - Now by my calculations of what I paid each and every week (£5 x 52) a years payment equates to £260 and certainly not the £400 they claim I owe

I just got a threatening letter from the CSA

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX

Pay your child maintenance arrears now or face legal action

That was the first line of the letter

They say I owe a total of £485

And that about sums the letter up, there are no dates saying when the arrears were supposedly accrued, just that I supposedly owe £485

Surely they must provide more proof than this? dates etc.?

You can do a SAR and request all the data they hold on you - this will show all payments they recieved etc.

I also find that getting your MP involved gets your case seen to a lot quicker and more professional than normal.

My case has been escalated by my MP to the chief executives office and the change in attitudes and service is mamouth!!

What I would also add is that whilst she has no right to accuse you of lying etc - you should bear in mind that many people may well try and pull a fast one over the phone and they probably get sick of people saying they are making payments when they are not or that there is X, Y Z reason why they are not paying.

I'm sure they've heard them all from my ex :)

Thanks Andie

The thing with this woman was she was very aggressive and rude from the very first moment I answered the telephone.

It was like she had already decided I was a bad Dad and was in the wrong before even made the call.

She wouldn't even entertain the fact that they may have been in the wrong.

The other thing is I can not refuse to pay as the payments are taken straight from my benefits before I get them, I have no choice in the matter, so how she can say I refused to pay them is beyond me.

I would agree with Andie a MP always brings a quick response but if you try to get a record print of what you have paid to them first at least you would have written proof to what has been deducted from your benefit to pay CSA.

You should have got a statement from CSA giving full detail to how the supposedly overpayment has occured, you are entitled to a written breakdown to how they got to their figures.

Maybe if you give them a ring ask for the breakdown and how has it gone from arrears owed to an overpayment in the space of a few days.

CSA have full control of any deductions in respect of maintenance to be deducted out of your benefit. They write to the third parties deductions team and instruct them to take the CSA out of the benefit the amount usually is £5. These deductions continue being taken out untill CSA inform I.S to stop. So if they were stopped then if your claim has always been continuos then CSA must have instructed third parties to stop them.