Fitness First increased charges

aj84
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Didn't think that I would ever write a thread about FF as I've generally been ok with them!

Been with them for 3 years or so now and yesterday (01/12/09), i got a letter through the post indicating that they are increasing the membership fees by £2.00.

No reason behind it, no jargon, just that and nothing more.

I registered at a branch in Hampshire which is where it was from.

Anyway, after much consideration, I have decided to cancel the membership for the following reasons:

1. Increase in fees - minor but its the principle for a "loyal customer"

2. Shocking quality of changing areas, equipment that never works and is constantly out of order etc

3. The letter I got about the fees

Now here is my dilema...

I don't live in Hampshire any longer so it will have to be done via letter to the general manager of that branch according to FF.

FF also state on their site: You are required to give one full month’s notice of termination. In all cases, the notice period will start from the end of the month in which cancellation is notified.

With this in mind, they have stated in the letter than the first payment at the hiked rate goes out in Jan 2010

I'm in a catch-22 situation now!

I rec the letter in December which means it has already surpassed the month's notification period to when the new price starts.

My understanding is they need to give a months notice of the increase and while I got the letter on the 1/12, it still means regardless of what I do, I have to stil pay 2 months worth (1 at the higher rate) before it fits into their required period to cancel.

See what I mean?

Appreciate any advice! £2 is nothing but why should I pay if they do not even give me the option to cancel straight after that letter for another month?

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,

AJ