Another complaint about carcraft & a warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all....... ANY ADVICE???????

I bought a citreon C3 from car craft merseyside on 22/05/08, I had been driving it for 2 hours when the service light and engine warning light came on.

I rang car craft and took it in the next day telling me they would do a free MOT, and would you believe it the clutch needs replacing and the exhaust CAT......But wait for it.....it passed its MOT after 4 hours of waiting!!!!

They told me i could take it home and they would order in the parts. Now i have completely lost faith in this car and i have finance to pay for a car that is just sat up my driveway.

Can any anyone give me any advice PLEASE..........:Cry: oh and the engine warning light is still on!!!!

Edited by REIDYLONG

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BAD BAD BAD BAD. We bought a Freelander for £10,000 (Later found out they were going for £6500 Private) OK... So lesson learned. We'd part ex'd our Picasso and got £3500 for it. (It was on their forecourt next week for £6500... OK.. So they are a business and there to make money.

Now for the real issues. 120 point check???. Our Freelander required a full service to uphold the (Carcraft NAC) warranty so we splashed out and took it to Landrover because my wife would be driving this car with my young son on board and we had to be sure everything was OK. The report came back from Landrover that the vehicle was not road worthy and required £450 of repair to get it so. Carcraft willingly paid for that so I was just pleased that we didn't have to pay the bill.

We took out their 1 year warranty for just under a grand. I read it and it stated that they would only cover up to £750 of the cost of any repair. I was about to walk out of the door because, as I explained to the sales guy, if the head gasket goes it's going to cost me a lot more than that. The sales guy went on to assure me that the £750 bit was per part repaired. I.E. If your head gasket goes it would cover each part of the engine that was damaged as long as each part didn't exceed £750.

On the strength of this we went ahead. We were in there for 9 LONG hours. We were told we were getting £2000 cash back. Realized two months down the line that they had just added £2000 to the back end of the loan in an unobvious cleaver way.

8 Months down the line, head gasket went. Took it straight to Landrover as I have this fantastic warranty that would cover everything. Landrover called me back a day later to tell me that the cost of the repair was just over £2500 and Carcraft would cover £750 of that cost. Getting worried now. I called Carcraft and spoke to the big boss(I think). He informed me that they would never had said anything other than they would only cover up to £750 of a total repair and that it was my word against his sales guy(When these sales are taking place they are in an enclosed room so nobody else can hear anything).

Anyway, £2000 3 weeks before Christmas. Thanks Carcraft. That was sure a year to remember. I was told by the guy who delivered my car back from Landrover that he see's at least two of these blown head gaskets per week and that I should get rid of the car asap because it could go at any time again.

I sold the car 2 weeks later and got £5500 for it. I am still paying the remaining £6500 I owe on the car to this day.

It only had 50K on the clock and a full Landrover history. I'm not blaming Carcraft for the inherent Head Gasket problem on the K series engine, but I am MAD at Carcraft for making me feel such a Fool. Yes... I feel so so stupid because I was, obviously, stitched up big time and fell for everything they told me.

I don't take comfort in learning that thousands of other Carcare customers are having the same such experiences now and in the past.

Carcraft is a good place to visit if your not sure what sort of car you want or you just want to browse but I would Highly recommend that if you do buy from there, take you own mechanic and use cash but before you do buy, check Autotrader. I GUARANTEE you will find the same car for at least £2000 less than Carcrafts price.

Many thank for listening to me.

Regards

Un-happy Carcraft (customer)

• 2 months later...

This may be an old thread but something of interest for anyone who is searching for these companies as I was. I am sure that if this car was bought under finance then they are covered by the same way credit card purchases are and if you have got legal insurance (Check your home insurance policy) then these will pay any costs in challenging these

• 2 weeks later...

You'll probably find Mr vond works for Cracraft(opinion only not fact), as their people watch this and similar sites.....

CarCraft cars are pro-rata the most expensive cars in the country and more expensive than most cars at main dealers where warranty is backed up by manufacturer.

CarCraft warranty's are underwritten by themselves so whatever you pay for warranty is clear profit for them.

But as long as people are gullible enough to see their adverts and buy of them they will always make loads of money.

Silver lining is there are rumours in the trade that they're up to the necks in debt and with stock which is devaluing daily and their lenders are getting twitchy.....

Lets see eh!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

I bought my car from Carcraft Leeds Jan 2007. I was told that the company they'd applied to for finance wouldn't cover the whole amount so they had to arrange a top up loan through another company for me.

The man said that as they'd messed me around a lot (they took 3 days to arrange finance) they would throw in a free 5 year guarantee with my car at no cost. he went through it etc etc, my car had no service history so i had it serviced before the 6000 miles etc.

I was passed my guarantee pack with some stapled up documents in it, this was explained as "your finance documents for the car" I have had a nosey through the pack this week and opened up the stapled documents.

next to the "top up loan" it says 5 year guarantee £1875!!!

is there anything i can do about this? he said the guarantee was FREE and that the top up loan was to cover the car ONLY. therefore i didn't even need the loan! :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Hi, my name is Sandra Gibbons, I am the Customer Service Manager at Carcraft. If you would like to contact me regarding any outstanding query please give me a call on 01706 753391 and I will be happy to investigate the matter further. Thanks.

Edited by Carcraft Customer Service Manager

I have checked this number and it appears to be correct. It is very brave of Sandra to do this, so play nice folks.

Any problem, let me know and I'll 'unapprove' the post

Lex

Edited by Mr lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

I do hope that the post is valid - I have spent SOOooo long trying to unravel the consequences of the lies that were told to me at Carcraft.

I bought a car from them because as someone that doesn't know about cars it made sense to have everything under the same roof - trust the experts - ha!

I was sold a car which I was told had 11 months MOT and a full service record. when I got the paperwork I queried both as there was only 1 months MOT left on it and the service record seemed out of date. They did the MOT but said it didn't need a service as modern cars only need servicing every 24000 miles or so.

I queried it again - twice - once with the General manager, and again when I bought the extended warranty - both times I was told that the service record I had WAS up to date, I didn't need to worry (my pretty little head !!) about it, the car had been a disability car so had HAD to be kept up to date etc etc. They pointed out that the CAR would tell me when it needed the next service - but of course that was a lie.

I queried it when being sold the warranty when I was told that IF I didn't have a service history, I would need to get it serviced in 6 months or 6000 miles - I replied that I had been told by their people that I did have a full service history - he said that in that case I didn't need to worry (my pretty little head....) about it.

All lies

When I needed to use the extended warranty I was told that the warranty was null and void because I hadn't had it serviced within 6000 miles. When I complained that that wasn't necessary, as I had a full service history and had been told by thier people that the car wasn't in need of a service yet

they informed me that the car's service record was out of date by 2 months when they SOLD me both the car and the warranty.

Obviously I had to pay for the repairs that my car needed - which would have otherwise been covered.

When I complained to customer services - I received a letter saying that 'as a gesture of goodwill we will arrange a validation of your guarantee'

This time I thought I would check what they meant - so I rang - only to be told that NO.. there is no gesture of goodwill - I would have to pay to have it 're-validated'. BY THEIR PEOPLE.

So I seem to have no choice - I have to pay again. Not only have I had to pay for the warranty the first time, then pay for the repairs it didn't cover because it was invalid, but now I have to pay again to restore the car to the state that I had been assured it was in when I bought it in MAY

Where is the 'goodwill in that'?

What does a 'gesture of goodwill' mean?

We really DO have to pay to trust the 'experts' at Carcraft - learn from my mistakes - take someone with you who knows about these things, 'cos carcraft staff dont - or do and lie through their back teeth about it to make more money out of you. Better yet - buy a car from somewhere - ANYWHERE else.

Please let us know how you get on Rev. Two members of the team have been in touch with Sandra and it seems to be a genuine offer of help.

Lex

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ok - I confess to being impressed so far.

Sandra returned my call and promised that my concerns would at least be looked into. What's more, she was polite and seemed genuinely interested.

Full marks to Sandra - now we wait on the rest of the Carcraft team!

I'll keep you informed

Hi Rev,

Watching this with great interest. If Sandra has the rank implied by her title, she may be able to knock a few heads together. This maybe the Carcraft break though we have been wanting.

Lex

&

I promised to let you know how I got on.

Sandra did all she said she would - and more. She has arranged for my car to have the service it needs for the extended warranty to be revalidated. She has also offered to pay back 50% of the costs of the work I had to have done.

I am impressed - not only did she do this, but it was done with great grace. SHE contacted me, I was never once given the run-around and she was always polite and honest - never said she would call when she wouldn't and never promised what she couldn't. She went the extra mile (forgive the biblical illusions - hazzard of my job)

I hope car craft are paying her well because employees who can build customer relations like this after they have been so badly mangled are hard to find and worth their weight in gold.

Thanks to the forum for the help in getting things sorted.

Thats a great result Rev.

It was very good of Sandra to post on the site. I hope that is the start of better service from Carcraft. Well done Sandra :)

Thanks for reporting back Rev.

Lex

&

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just thought I'd tell you about my dealings with Carcraft before I contacted Sandra (sorry, Sandra!) so you could see how I get on.

I bought my car (56 plate Focus) from Carcraft Merseyside in September 2007. I had to wait around 4 hours in the showroom for my finance to be sorted, but by the time I got out, I was under the impression that my finance was with Marsh Finance, and that I was also paying PPI on that loan. Fine, I thought. No problem.

However, it came to my attention a few weeks ago whilst sorting my desk that I appeared to be paying Marsh Finance and a company called Creation Consumer Finance for PPI. So, I wrote to Carcraft, explained that I thought there had been some mistake, and asked them to arrange a refund of one of the policies.

I received a reply today stating that I had two PPI policies because I had two loans! One for the car, and the other for a 5-year NAC guarantee. I've never heard of this before, and have no documentation relating to it. I have no credit agreement for Creation Consumer Finance (copy now requested), and have received nothing from them or anyone else about this guarantee business since purchasing the car.

I would never have knowingly taken out this cover, as my Dad is a menchanic and has always worked on my cars for free (thanks, Dad!). I have been told by Carcraft that I can cancel the PPIs on both loans should I wish to do so, but now I'm left paying £56 a month for this random warranty. Not only that, but by Googling the NAC cover (as I had no documents relating to it), it appears that I have unwittingly invalidated it, as my car was not serviced within 6 months/6000 miles of purchase!

At the end of the 4 hours at Carcraft, I admit that I would willingly have part-exchanged my soul for the car just to get the hell out of there, but the sales person did not tell me what all the papers I was signing were (my understanding was as above), and I even recall that he advised me that I should part-ex in about 2 years to get a better finance package! Why the hell then would I need a 5-year guarantee on this car!

Obviously, I will be taking this matter up with Carcraft tomorrow...watch this space!

• 2 months later...

hi could anyone give me advice my friends car which got from carcraft the wheel bearings have gone the clutch plate gone the front passanger side wheel knuckle has gone all carcraft are saying dew to weear and tear could anyone tell me how long does a clucth last and front knuckle last on a suzuki jinmy my friend is 69 years old and disabled since he got the car all he has had is trouble in the first week he got a flat tyre went to change it for him no unlocking tool for it so he had to phone his breakdown to change it there was no logbook handbook in the car it took carcraft three months to get them sent to him one month later he gets stopped by the police saying he got no insurance for it now he is getting worried about nac not covering the parts and having to pay the charges he is 69 years old he dont have that sort of money

hello sandra i am writng on behalf of mr cresswell you should know him by now it seems to me that nac wont replace the parts which i mentioned in my emails to carcraft so it looks like that i will be phoning tradinfg standerds to seek advise unless you can give me some sort off guarntee that you will do all you can do for mr cresswell please reply back #

Hi guys if you need help with carcraft i could help you looks like my nac could be getting wiped out and i will be getting my money back

please contact me [EDIT]

Edited by Rooster-UK
Email address removed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I too bought a Suzuki Jimny from carcraft and after 7 months there was a noise coming from the front the car so I took it to the dealership. I thought this should be no problem as I too had taken out the NAC warranty for peace of mind and was told that any problems I had with car could be repaired at the dealership not a problem. When Suzuki rang and said was the diff, the problem was a sudden mechanical failure that the king pins had failed causing seals burst loss oil causing the damage. The cost in total was £823 but Suzuki said that NAC did not even have an account with them so I would have pay for work myself. So this is the first lie I have encountered that Dealership could do work. I rang NAC they said if I paid for the work they would refund me the money not ideal but I needed to get it fixed ASAP as I am disabled and the car is modified for me to drive. But firstly they wanted to send their own engineer out who came seen car went back quoted Wear Tear!!! I am now concerned that this independent engineer could be part of them aswell. So I was wanting know if anyone else had name engineer company they used on the report mine is Automotive Consulting Engineers ACE. I am now going down route sending letters by recorded delivery its taken ages and paying out £823 has left me with no money. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

For anyone who is having problems with Carcraft, try the contact here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/vehicle-retailers-manufacturers/167106-car-craft-contact-details.html

Lex

&