Received today

t-star
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After the program about Marlin a few months back i e-mailed my local MP. Today i received a nice shiny copy of the OFT guidlines for debt collection a few other bits of paper and this....

CCF02122009_00000.jpg

I had read about Link and Mac Hall but didn't know about Thames. Checked their website and it still looks like business as usual...

t-star

FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR FRIENDS IN THE NSA USING THE PRISM SYSTEM. HELLO FROM THE UK.

Credit Today online

OFT targets Aktiv Kapital - 08/09/2009

The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has told disgruntled consumers that it is considering taking action against debt buyer Aktiv Kapital over collections practices.

A consumer who wrote to the OFT following a Channel four Dispatches programme on debt collection has posted the regulator’s written response on a consumer forum. The letter said: "As I am sure you can appreciate there are restrictions imposed on the OFT which prohibit us from disclosing details of any action we may take against a licensed trader (Part 9 of the Enterprise Act). This means that we are unable to inform members of the public whether we are taking any direct action against particular traders."

However, the letter went on to detail enforcement action already taken against companies in the sector and said: "More recently the OFT has issued a notice that it is minded to impose requirements on Aktiv Kapital (UK) Limited and associated company Thames Credit Limited. This action is subject to the independent adjudication process."

Industry commentators have expressed concern that the OFT has written to a consumer about actions that have not yet been taken. If the OFT does decide to impose requirements on Aktiv it would still have the right to appeal the decision.

Aktiv’s UK country manager David Sheridan confirmed that the company is going through a review process. ‘‘The OFT has sought assurances around some of our historic policies and procedures. We believe in a customer-centric approach and take pride in meeting or exceeding all regulatory, compliance and industry guidance for the sector we work in. We believe that this should be confirmed through this review.’’

Thanx gyros

i did read that article, but i cant remember reading anything about Thames being closed down. In fact i think there are still some threads on CAG involving active Thames cases..

t-star

FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR FRIENDS IN THE NSA USING THE PRISM SYSTEM. HELLO FROM THE UK.

Someones telling pork pies.

It certainly seems like business at usual at Thames Credit

Welcome to Thames Credit Ltd - Thames Credit Limited (UK)

Welcome to Thames Credit...

As a Thames Credit customer, you are very important to us. Our preference is to speak to you by telephone, to agree a repayment arrangement on your account, or answer any queries that you have.

It is important that we fully understand your circumstances and current financial commitments. You can also call us if you currently have a payment arrangement with us but are finding it difficult to keep up

with your payments.

but look at this;

Debt Recovery Services - Thames Credit Limited (UK)

Thames Credit Limited is not directly involved with debt servicing. However, our affiliate company Aktiv Kapital UK Ltd. is renowned for its success in debt recovery worldwide. Our rates and performance level work in conjunction with each other. We work on a No Contract basis simply because we know that our clients' will remain with us after experiencing the fine levels of services and performance provided to them.

• Commercial (Trade/Third Party) Collection

• Consumer Collection

• Overseas Collection

• Second Referrals

We work with small to medium size companies to multinational organisations and have very well satisfied customers around the globe. For more information please contact our sales team directly at: www.aktivkapital.co.uk

So are they doing some fancy footwork to get round the lack of a license?

Or are they claiming they don't need one at About Thames Credit Limited - Thames Credit Limited (UK) ?

Although debt collection companies have no formal regulatory body, we are members of the Credit Services Association and fully observe both Office of Fair Trading Guidelines and the CSA Code of Practice.

mmmm different company registration number and different CCA licence number. But if the document in the original post is taken at face value then Thames are trading without a CCA licence...

t-star