madasamuppet

facebook help please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3631 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, just wondred whether anyone can help with this. When I use facebook and click on any of the buttons (like add photos, or find friends etc) IE stops working and then has to restart and then I have to start all over again. Have AVG running and no viruses etc and it seems only to be this that causes the prob all over internet sites are okay. Anybody have this prob or know how to sort it. IE7 by the way.:confused:

Yep, I have that problem sometimes.

Try upgrading to IE8 or go to 'Tools' 'Internet Options' 'Advanced' and click on 'Script Debugging IE' and 'Script Debugging other' to put a tick in the box !!

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

As Mr Lex says, try upgrading to IE8, or, alternatively, change to a superior browser such as FireFox, which is massively more secure than IE, and will render websites properly.

It can also be installed alongside IE, and run simultaneously if you like, so you lose nothing by giving it a go.