PCN on windscreen - incorrect VRN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

I know this has been raised lots of times here already and I appreciate any further help:

The registration on the PCN doesn't match that of my car, but I know that the council that issued it takes (lots) of photos, which will obviously show the correct one.

I've called to enquire to the council (without saying who I was or where I lived!) who admited that they wouldn't be able to pursue the PCN because the DVLA records won't match, but there's obviously nothing stopping them sending the real VRN to DVLA from the photos, which would then lead back to me.

Question 1: Even if they do track me down via the photos, am I still correct in thinking that the PCN is invalid and hence I can't be charged?

Question 2: Assuming 1) above is true, is there anything stopping me from appealing in writing to the council concerned to say that they've got the PCN wrong and hence I won't be paying... since the PCN is invalid anyway? [i'd prefer doing it this way than leave it hanging over the person who would be being contacted instead of me];-)

Many thanks in advance.

Kermit.

Totally agree. They can photograph what they like. The photos are not legally required thus form no part of the legal process. What is highly significant is the wrong VRM on a legal document means they can ONLY persue the RK of THAT VRM, they cannot change or ammend it once issued and cannot now send you a new one either.

DO NOT CONTACT THEM.

The RK of the correct car will simply appeal on the basis that the offence did not occur and the photographs will confirm that.

• 3 weeks later...

By way of an update, I've just checked the status of my case online and it's officially case closed - no debt outstanding.

I call that a result.:D

Very many thanks for everyones help. Keep up the good work.

Best,

K