what_todo

my Electricity over £1.3k for 10 months

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3624 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hello all,

i used to live in a flat, on a 1st floor with shops below. the flat was a 3 bedroom that olny had Electricity olny. no Gas

In the 10 months that i and my family was there, the Electricity bill is over 1.3k that is and that befor. what i have pad them round £330

shuly 1.3k over 10 month cant be right.

all of the bills are estimated and i have got the bill to hand via e-billing

i no longer now live in that flat and i cant get to see the merter.

also

after seeing my credit report with experian, british gas who did the Electricity have just starting marking my credit file after 1 year.

i am paying that £7 a week and that is all that can pay without putting myself in hardship.

what can/should i do now??

dec 08 1st bill was £150

june 09 2nd bill was £750 yes SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY POUNDS!!!

Edited by what_todo
added last two lines

Guest wino

Surely this cannot be right.

Did you have meter readings when you moved in/out?

It looks like you have been paying for the shops electric aswell. The flat propably came with the shop originally.

Have you queried the bill with British Gas?

what todo - what have british gas said about the bill?

Did you take any meter readings during your time in the property? if you didn't, did the landlord or letting agent?