1st Credit and assignment notice.

Belaflat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1st a bit of background.

1st credit were handling a few TSB accounts, 1st, they disappeared after no CCA, a 2nd sold on to Lowells although that too had no CCA and a 3rd which up to now is still unacknowledged by me.

Last heard from them around this time last year.

A few weeks ago, letters were sent to my brothers house (same initials as me) saying they were trying to contact me etc, if I was not the person ring this number, if I was ring another number and if no response within 10 days they would assume it was correct and send all letters there. I have told my brother to open all letters to me just in case they tried something on like Bryan Carterand I didnt get the letter in time.

The very next day, a statement of account arrived...so much for 10 days.

Have today had 2 letters handed to me from 1st credit in which they both give notice that TSB has assigned to them, all rights under the account and they take on all duties under the terms of the agreement and are now the data controllers for that account and should I wish to see that data, send £10 to them and they will reveal all. They also inform me they now assume the responsibility for the placing of data with CRA's.

They also give notice that unless I contact them to pay off the account, more formal action will be taken.

I am curious why they suddenly now after all this time give me notice of assignment when they have been chasing for a couple of years already and why this notice wasn't accompanied by a notice from the TSB also. Does the offer to supply information via a SAR amount to a phishing trip given they are unsure of my address and are hoping I will make such a request thus confirming my whereabouts.

I do not intend to take them up on the offer nor send off a CCA request just yet but the assignment notices have got me wondering what is going on. Is this the prelude to more formal action as they say and they are closing any possible defence loopholes such as no notice of assignment.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

It may be that TSB |(do they still exist?) have actually sold the debt on to 1st Credit where as before it was simply 1st credit collecting on their behalf.

It might be worth posting up the 'assignment' notices in this thread for the more seasoned cagger to take a peek at...as a fair amount of assignments seem to fall short of what is legally required? How were they sent to you btw?

Is the address where the assignment letters sent to your own or that of your brothers? Why didn't they send them to you direct? You catch ma drift?

You can't have it both ways though, you either don't want to be found or you do, opening letters that were sent to you to an address that wasn't yours and then getting busted up over them when you see whats inside....well it's not the way it should work...

If those letters are coming to an address that isn't yours then ignore them or get them sent back with nothing more than 'return to sender/not known at this address' on them.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

I am not busted up over them at all.

I have seen them off with 2 smaller debts and have corresponded so am somewhat bemused as to this latest approach.

The reason why I let him open the letters is stated in the 2nd paragraph of my post. I did stay there a while back during matrimonial difficulties so don't want to get caught out with the last known address trick.

Also, this one is in a bit of a grey area over statute barred status so thats why I am being careful.

Hmm, just seen 3 guests watching....couldnt be 1st credit by any chance...

Edited by Belaflat

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

I am not busted up over them at all.

Hmm, just seen 3 guests watching....couldnt be 1st credit by any chance...

No, it's almost certainly a cagger who hasn't logged in/out or someone who hasn't plucked up the courage to post yet. The DCA monkeys will be too busy on the 'phones trying to take/make their quota of calls and hit targets to worry about individuals posting on CAG. Most of them operate from what are appropriately know as 'Dumb Terminals' and internet access is restricted to stop them from messing about on the internet.

IF (big 'IF') you get to court stage you might have someone take an interest in your thread, but at the moment it will almost certainly be people just looking in out of curiousity, so don't worry, be happy. :-)

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)