pinklover

What are the time scale?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3631 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Everyone! I've been reading up all the sound advice from this forum and here is my first post as it is a situation that I can't seem to search elsewhere, hope some of you can give me advice?!

I currently owe 1 unsecure loan and 2 credit cards which I won't be able to afford to pay them from Jan onwards. So far, I've only been making the min payment on the cards. Although I'm married, all the debts are only under my name and were taken out before I got married. I, myself have no assets at all apart from some shoes and handbags!:p

Situation is that my husband (wed overseas and so far nothing in the UK is registered that we're marry!) does own a house which is currently emptied and I've since change all my bills and bank account to that address, thinking for when I do get chase for the debts, no one will be there anyway. My plan is to first write to them, explain my difficulties and see what they offer me back. At the same time, if I start requesting for my CCA etc, will that give the bank an impression that I have no intention to pay it and esclates to chase or sell my debts to the DCA quickly?

My problem is that I also wants to apply for British citizenship and have been trying to save up to be able to afford it, but I've just realised that they will check if I'm of good character and if there are anything like criminal offence etc on my records. So far, I've been very good and have nothing on file but I worried that the issues with the unpaid debt will stop my application and will be decline.

So, my question is if I apply for the citizenship in Jan (which takes max 6 months) will my credit file be trashed already? What are the rough time scale on me stop paying and the bank still puting bad marks on my account?

Are there any letters I should start sending to prolong the whole process so that I can get the citizenship done before any court proceeding happens?

Thanks for any help in advance!:)

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump

Firstly, welcome to Cag.

I currently owe 1 unsecure loan and 2 credit cards which I won't be able to afford to pay them from Jan onwards. So far, I've only been making the min payment on the cards.
How old are these cards and loan?

but I've just realised that they will check if I'm of good character and if there are anything like criminal offence etc on my records.

There's nothing criminal in credit probs but not sure about the 'good character' bit. I'm sure someone will advise soon on that point.

if I apply for the citizenship in Jan (which takes max 6 months) will my credit file be trashed already? What are the rough time scale on me stop paying and the bank still puting bad marks on my account?

Missed payments and Defaults can show up quite quickly. As I said - not criminal so unless someone knows otherwise I wouldn't worry about this yet.

Are there any letters I should start sending to prolong the whole process so that I can get the citizenship done before any court proceeding happens?

Send CCA request letters for now and do an I & E to see what you can reasonably afford to pay

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Thanks so much, I'm grateful for any advice on this!

It is 1 loan taken out possibly 2007 and a credit card 2004, both with HSBC and a Halifax credit card in 2007.

I think I'm going to put the citizenship on hold for now as it actually does not make a big difference and also cost a lot! Around £700!

I just wasn't sure if I start requesting for the CCA now, it'll give my game away sooner to the bank as they'll probably know that I won't be making my monthly payment soon? I'll do a I & E ready to send it out to them in January time.

I just wasn't sure if I start requesting for the CCA now, it'll give my game away sooner to the bank as they'll probably know that I won't be making my monthly payment soon? I'll do a I & E ready to send it out to them in January time.

You have a legal right to ask for this document and they have an obligation to provide it! If, say, you'd moved house and mislaid your documents, then you would want copies of your originals for your own records :). Thay cannot hold it against you.

Will point you towards a good I & E template this evening when I have a bit more time.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!