vesty

Private Parking Towing Charges plus extra hassle

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2654 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sorry to sound negative but why do you think they want it in cash and why do you think that they take you on amystery tour to get your car. They know that if they are pursued through the courts it will be just about impossible for any one to trace them.

What could happen to you if they took you to the compound and then you refused to pay and went away to come back later in the night to steal your car back even if it meant cutting through locks or driving through the fence?

I suffered the same fate on January 2011. Parked at Riverside court, by the advise of a friends' friend. There were two cars parked there already and a spare space. I therefore decided to park there as well. Didn't see any signs anywhere and i was not obscuring anybody. Went out for less than 2hrs, and that was at 1am. Came back only to find my car had gone. Luckly or unluckly, at the very same spot i had parked, someone else had parked there and their car was in the process of being towed away, they had been clamped but the towing van was "on its way". They came back just before their car was taken away and they were being asked for £150 to release their car.

For me, i was told to call a number on a sign which was high up the wall next to where i was parked (no wonder i couldn't see it initially) when i phoned up i was told i would have to pay £385 to get my car back and i should call them at 9am the next morning to arrange picking up my car.

The next morning i called and was asked to meet near a police station in Leeds city center next to the main bus station and suprise suprise, the same guy who was clamping the other car was the same guy who was picking me up to get back my car. He drove to Argyle road just off regent street in Leeds, parked just halfway up the street and i handed over £385, the guy got in through a small gate with my car keys and came out on the main gate with my car.

Its the worst extortion parking charges i have ever paid. The signs are not visible until you look up the building, then less than 7 hrs later you are some £400 out of pocket. Can anyone please help

Edited by EdwardLeeds
grammatical errors

Hi there. I wonder if you can give advice for my student daughter and boyfriend who I believe have been charged an unreasonable amount by a private clamping company. Basically they parked in what they thought was a municipal car park in Southampton, paid for a ticket and displayed it on the cars dashboard. When they returned they discovered it was in fact a private car park and their wheel was clamped. The clamper was still in attendance and told them that a £130 fee was payable to release the clamp. To make matters worse he informed them that the towing vehicle had been called and was on its way. Therefore an additional tow charge of £290 was payable. Together with VAT added the total cost was £504. They paid under duress but had no choice. This seems absolutely unreasonable and my daughter maintains that there were no clearly visible signs. I have told them to take pictures and write the company claiming the costs are unreasonable and the signage unclear. Is there anything else other than contacting the local press that they can do? Thanks in advance.

Hi there

I need advice on the situation that i parked my car near samara plaza in LS2. it was parked in such a way that only driver side rear wheel was on the kerb/road but all of the vehicle was away from private land...they clamped the car and charged fee....

i am considering to claim....any advice...

Thanks

Saj

£400 odd quid from so many people! I think I would calls some friends and cut the clamp! Sod them but thats not advice to anyone just my opinion.

Hi there

I need advice on the situation that i parked my car near samara plaza in LS2. it was parked in such a way that only driver side rear wheel was on the kerb/road but all of the vehicle was away from private land...they clamped the car and charged fee....

i am considering to claim....any advice...

Thanks

Saj

You're going to have to provide more information than that to obtain any meaningful advice. Who clamped you? What signage is in the area? Did you obtain a receipt? Paint a little more of a picture for us.