Why my £10,000 battle with the wardens should inspire us all to unite against the parking FASCISTS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

His story will enrage homeowners. A doctor who's spent years fighting attempts to fine him for parking his scooter on his own land lost a court ruling that means YOU could now be fined for parking on your own drive

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1232506/Why-10-000-battle-wardens-inspire-unite-parking-FASCISTS.html#ixzz0YW9TY2UP

His story will enrage homeowners. A doctor who's spent years fighting attempts to fine him for parking his scooter on his own land lost a court ruling that means YOU could now be fined for parking on your own drive

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1232506/Why-10-000-battle-wardens-inspire-unite-parking-FASCISTS.html#ixzz0YW9TY2UP

Second post on subject but still know one has explained what this has to do with parking in a drive???

Second post on subject but still know one has explained what this has to do with parking in a drive???

From reading the article it seems to be saying that if you own land, either a driveway or a garden and there is no physical barrier marking it off as your own then the council can issue parking tickets on it.

In other words if you have an open driveway or garden and you park there then you could get a ticket

Mossy

I suppopse one can feel sympathetic about the good doc's situation though I don't see anything about who laid the tarmac strip, doc or council, and why weren't the original railings reinstated? I doubt anyones' drive would be considered part of the footpath, though if you park part on your drive and part on the pavement you're obviously going to elicit the interest of parking authorities. Perhaps the doc's £10,000 would have been better spent on railing off his own property.:-)

Mods - this is a duplicated thread on the same subject matter.

Can it be incorporated with the original thread started yesterday by 'My Real Name' & entitled 'Fined by council for parking on private land'?

Edited by StrawDog

From reading the article it seems to be saying that if you own land, either a driveway or a garden and there is no physical barrier marking it off as your own then the council can issue parking tickets on it.

In other words if you have an open driveway or garden and you park there then you could get a ticket

Mossy

Only if its used a public highway in which case I'm sure having the public waltzing through your front garden and trampling through your flower beds would be more of a concern than getting a parking ticket. Unless it goes somewhere it is not highway most drives end at the garage or front of the house so their would be no reason for the public to pass and re pass.