isidore

Where do I stand with getting my contact details changed?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3631 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey guys, not been on here for a fair amount of time and this time round the purpose of my questions is quite a bit different :(

I'm currently seeking advice from National Debtline with regards to our current financial circumstances :( Very brief summary of our situation is that I am currently in the process of setting up an IVA.

I am currently awaiting a form from NDL to complete to set it up and have been advised to send letters to my creditors asking them to hold off for a while as I sort my situation out. On the off chance, I thought I'd pop on here to see if there was anything useful in terms of letter templates and sure enough CAG never fails me :p

Anyways, I'm now in the process of putting together letters to each of my creditors based on the request to hold off on action template from here but I have a question that I've spent around 2 hours trying to find an answer on but just can't find anything conclusive.

The missus is getting a little frantic right now over the fact that she has recently started receiving phonecalls from creditors at work...not threatening ones IMO but initial contact trying to get her to bring one of her CCs to within its limit. The point is it's hit home that...for both of us...this will only get worse and the prospect of creditors galore ringing work phone numbers is unthinkable.

So, here is what I'm after, basically I want to request the removal of work and mobile numbers from their records as it is neither appropriate or convenient for either of us to discuss financial matters at work. We have no issues in speaking with our creditors but it is simply not possibly for us to discuss such sensitive matters during work hours.

Can I simply do that? Should I include it in my letter requesting them to hold action on my account? Should I do it seperately? Are they required to comply? If they were asked to remove details and then didn't, where do I stand? Is this something that the ICO would be interested in?

I do realise through a long and mainly successful history with CAG that banks being required to comply and actually complying are two different things but I'm just wondering where I stand?

Cheers all and thanks in advance.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

The OFT debt collection guidelines state that you shouldn't be contacted at work if you don't want to be, and so long as you stay in contact via other means the FOS at least would uphold a complaint if you'd asked a creditor not to contact you at work and they continued to do so. By the time it got through the FOS system though you would probably have already finished your IVA!

There is a 'telephone harassment' letter on the forum which you could adapt. Personally I would make it more of a polite request than a demand. I don't see any reason why you can't include it in the letters you're sending. I would actually ask that all future contact be in writing - it just keeps everything neat and tidy.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Dear Sir or Madam

Harassment by telephone

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only. [if you Want Them to]

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully, **Print name do not sign**

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks for your input both, the harrassment letter is useful - I've seen it elsewhere although I'm by no means being hassled at the moment so don't need this right now - no doubt I may need it over the forthcoming weeks.

I will certainly include it in my letter now then and the point about all future contact to be made in writing is great, hadn't thought about that.

Cheers both.

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

T4FF,

You might want to check this out. Are you a Welsh speaker? If so, and as you live in Wales, I believe it is your right to have your correspondence written to you in Welsh. I presume that applies to any telephone conversations to you as well. It may not help in the long run, but it might stop this lot dead in their tracks for a while.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Ha! That's a brilliant idea!

Unfortunately, my ability to speak welsh (at this present moment) is limited to the national anthem (of course!), "I can play football", "I like coffee" and "no cycling" (which I've recently learnt thanks to the signs around the parks where I live).

:-D:p:-D:p:-D

All you need for phone calls is 'hello' and something that might be 'I don't understand a word you're saying mate'

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

A few lines of Land of My Fathers everytime they call.... they wouldn't know the difference. ;)

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,

Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;

Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra mâd,

Dros ryddid collasant eu gwaed.

(Cytgan - Chorus)

Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.

Tra môr yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,

O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.

(Ail Bennill - Second stanza)

Hen Gymru fynyddig, paradwys y bardd,

Pob dyffryn, pob clogwyn, i'm golwg sydd hardd;

Trwy deimlad gwladgarol, mor swynol yw si

Ei nentydd, afonydd, i mi.

(Cytgan - Chorus)

(Trydydd Pennill - Third stanza)

Os treisiodd y gelyn fy ngwlad tan ei droed,

Mae hen iaith y Cymry mor fyw ag erioed,

Ni luddiwyd yr awen gan erchyll law brad,

Na thelyn berseiniol fy ngwlad.

(Cytgan - Chorus)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT