OXFORD HOUSE COLLEGE will not refund course fees despite withdrwing before course commences.

Crumbs38
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I wondered if anyone had any similar experiences to share.

I enrolled on two separate courses and paid a lump sum for both at the same time.

After being unsatisfied with the college methods,resources and equipment whilst doing the 1st course, I chose to withdraw from the 2nd course 2 months before it began and requested a refund.

Initially my bank details were requested, then later on I was rudely told by one of the representatives on the phone that I won't be getting my money back because I had already started the course!

I have been told by staff that I can't see the general manager in charge because she works erratic hours. All I have gotten so far are two phone calls from totally unprofessional staff telling me that I won't be getting my money back as The college refuses to refund my fees for any reason because it's written in their terms and conditions.

I have already written of my intent to take this to a small claims court and given them 14days to refund my fees.

I believe that it is unfair to hold onto the course fees after a student has withdrawn from the course before it starts.

Would my case stand?

I have several email correspondences from myself to the school, most of which had gone unanswered but yet still being sent all the same.

It appears so far, that they intend not to budge on this case, but alas it is only day 1 since I have made my intent clear to them.

No I don't have a copy of such.

Never got sent anything remotely similar to that.Another clue as to how efficient this college is...

It's only written on their website that they will not re-instate refunds for any reason whatsoever.

I think it's unjust.

Why should I be subject to such unfair treatment just because it's written in T&Cs.?

Not something I have any particular experience of, but you could have a search in the student forum for anything similar.

However, I'm approaching this as a straightforward consumer claim. If you've given them until the 14th to pay up, there isn't much else to do until you get a response (or not) but it might be worth giving consumer direct a ring. I'd think this sort of situation is right up their street.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

You're welcome.

If you get a minute, can you post whatever consumer direct suggest and tell us if your letter works just so someone else in the same situation has some pointers (and I'll know what to tell them!)

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• 1 year later...