rooferboy03

1st credit again

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3632 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

after about 9 months of waiting i finally received what 1st say is my credit agreement.About 20 pages of guff with all sorts of info including a few statements.Nowhere is there a signature or even anywhere you could put one.Is this enforceable.I beleive it is just copies of t&c's etc that might have been relevant to the time

Cheers RB

IF YOU ARE SURE THEY HAVEN'T SUPPLIED an enforceable agreement put the account into dispute with template letter it doesn't sound like it is enforceable from your description, did you CCA them or SAR them?

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Did you make a formal request for your CCA? as in send in £1 as the fee for your CCA?

If you have and in your opinion they have not provided you with a 'true signed copy' then your next step should be to send in the dispute letter ..

You can find the dispute letter in amongst some other very good template letters.

Template section

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

and the one you should send it can be found is number 20 out of 21 which is this one

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

send it recorded, print your name don't sign and when delivered take a snapshot from the royal mail tracking site for proof of delivery ..

found here...

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/personal?pageId=tab_track_rm&catId=500185&mediaId=83900761

and then you might want to consider stocking up on pens/pencils/paper/envelopes and some 2nd class stamps, take a block cause in 'correspondence tennis with dca'' (don't think there is a template for that on CAG) and away you go.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Hi all

after about 9 months of waiting i finally received what 1st say is my credit agreement.About 20 pages of guff with all sorts of info including a few statements.Nowhere is there a signature or even anywhere you could put one.Is this enforceable.I beleive it is just copies of t&c's etc that might have been relevant to the time

Cheers RB

Is there a 'This is a credit agreement regulated by the CCA 1974' page anywhere?

In my experience 1st are past masters at 'killing a tree' for the sake of it and, like you said sending a load of guff. II can only assume they think you will weigh it rather than read it!