Help With Baliff Fees For Parking Fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is a long process before you get to the bailiffs. Did you get the letters? If the procedure has been followed correctly, Bailiff costs are non negociable. They will usually be around £200 on top of the rest.

I read somewhere that it could only be 28% for every £100 i am at a total loss my husband forgot to pay the court fine i was in hospital so what your saying is they can charge me 200 for collecting a 110 fine thanks for help

Hi

the notice i have got from the court is a form TE3 and you're quite right its not a fine its the £105 amount of charge and £5.00 court registration fee total £110

now with the one visit from Baliffs £299.98

just one more thing

my car is a motility and on the letter its is addressed to The company secretary MRs My name then a number

why have they called me a company secretary

i have rung the baliffs today and left a message saying i want a break down of their charges to show to CAB

If it is a Motability vehicle it is unlikely the bailiffs will try and enforce, if you don't let them into your house. I think it very unlikely they will clamp it. You are entitled to a breakdown of charges, so that will help work out if these are correctly levied. The idea that they can only charge 28% is untrue however.

What was the answer to JimmySpangle above? Did you get any correspondence in relation to this, prior to the bailiffs? You should have received various documents prior to this.

Yes there was letters in between but i was disputing it with the council

the car I had has now gone back so they cant clamp it but they are not just going to leave it if i dont let them in the house surely

if they give me their charges how do i know if they are reasonable and correctly levied

Anyone anymore advise

i have managed to get the bailiff to wait until 14th dec for payment

she gave me her fees over the phone

letter £12.88

attendance to property £39.10

attendance with van for removals £138.00

Also been reading about bailiffs and venerable people

i am on higher rate mobility and have been getting treated for depression

should i have spoken to the council about this

i have told her i will pay the full amount on Monday but if there's anything you think i could do