dillon21

Help With Baliff Fees For Parking Fine

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Please could someone help me i got a parking ticket that i didnt pay tody got a baliff round to collect £299.98 thats nearly 2oo% increase can they charge this amount

First question. Is this a Penalty Charge Notice or a Parking charge notice. ie, was this an official counbcil ticket or a private parking company? Where were you patrked, on a street on in a car park?

On the street issued by the guys council use to issue tickets in our town im not desputing the ticket just the baliffs chages

There is a long process before you get to the bailiffs. Did you get the letters? If the procedure has been followed correctly, Bailiff costs are non negociable. They will usually be around £200 on top of the rest.

I read somewhere that it could only be 28% for every £100 i am at a total loss my husband forgot to pay the court fine i was in hospital so what your saying is they can charge me 200 for collecting a 110 fine thanks for help

Hi the notice i have got from the court is a form TE3 and your quite right its not a fine its the £105 amount of charge and £5.00 court registration fee total £110 now with the one visit from Baliffs £299.98 also jost one more thing my car is a motobilty and on the letter its is addressed to The company secretary MRs My name then a number why have they called me a company secretary i have rung the baliffs today and left a message saying i want a break down of their charges to show to CAB

If it is a Motability vehicle it is unlikely the bailiffs will try and enforce, if you don't let them into your house. I think it very unlikely they will clamp it. You are entitled to a breakdown of charges, so that will help work out if these are correctly levied. The idea that they can only charge 28% is untrue however.

What was the answer to JimmySpangle above? Did you get any correspondence in relation to this, prior to the bailiffs? You should have received various documents prior to this.

Yes there was letters in between but i was disputing it with the council the car I had has now gone back so they cant clamp it but they are not just going to leave it if i dont let them in the house surely if they give me their charges how do i know if they are resonable and correctly levvied

i have managed to get the baliff to wait untill 14th dec for payment she gave me her fees over the phone letter £12.88 attendance to property £39.10 attendance with van for removels £138.00 Also been reading about balliffs and vunerable people i am on higher ratr mobility and have been getting treated for depression should i have spoken to the council about this i have told her i will pay the full amount on monday but if theres anything you think i could do