Please Help ASAP !!!! 48 hours to decide!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Im new to this so i will try and explain and correspond as best i can.

My partner took out a loan last year with his NatWest bank and as a result of some confusion over the direct debit repayments, the bank cancelled them and as he was unaware, he fell behind on some of his repayments. He had two accounts with them and his loan, and eventually they said enough was enough and they were closing his accounts and demanding all their money back. i know this is legally sound so we accpeted it. We went to Natwest anyway to set up a repayment method as overall, it came to just over 7 grand, and im not sure if anyone has this sort of money just lying around lol!

Anyway, the bank man spoke to us and recommended that we speak to TRITON credit services as they deal with these accounts. He took us into a private room and rang them for my boyfriend and said all he needed to do was set up a repayment scheme. This was done, and he agreed to repay £200 a month starting october 16th.

Today, when i went to the post he had a bright yellow letter addressed to him. It was basically ALLIED Credit demanding the whole sum of money, and that we ring MR Watson urgently. I rang my boyfriend at work and told him all of this and he rang them to find out what was happening. As far as we were aware, he was paying back 200 quid a month to triton so why have these ppl now turned round and asking for the whole lot of money, we've never even heard of them!!

They also asked for my boyfriends "side of the story" so, obviously unaware of anything dodgy, he told them. Its only now that ive started to google this whole situation that ive found everyone in similar positions. They also told my boyfriend that if he agreed to pay by the 18th of december, they would cut the debt by 40% and he would then have to pay back just over £4,000. He now has 48hrs to decide or they will start court proceedings against him.

Please can anyone help asap as im really worried, ive been in tears all day and dont know whats going on. We really dont have 4 grand, let alone 7 grand available, and are very stuck!

Thanks xx

Olive, please dont be worried over these clowns. If you have a good read on these forums, you will see that even the so called reputable high street banks use underhand tactics to get you to pay more than you need to.

Even if it did go to court, you wouldn't have to pay back more than you could afford.

I am not an expert in these matters but the help i've had from all the people on CAG has made me feel like one, and i'm sure an expert will be along soon to advise you.

Dont let it spoil your christmas, and treat them with the contempt they deserve, you have a lot more rights than you think.

Triton and Allied are DCA's and are among the worst of their breed.

Sorry i've not helped much, but a bit of moral support doesn't go amiss.

jed

send a CCA request and please dont panic

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Olive, please dont be worried over these clowns. If you have a good read on these forums, you will see that even the so called reputable high street banks use underhand tactics to get you to pay more than you need to.

Even if it did go to court, you wouldn't have to pay back more than you could afford.

I am not an expert in these matters but the help i've had from all the people on CAG has made me feel like one, and i'm sure an expert will be along soon to advise you.

Dont let it spoil your christmas, and treat them with the contempt they deserve, you have a lot more rights than you think.

Triton and Allied are DCA's and are among the worst of their breed.

Sorry i've not helped much, but a bit of moral support doesn't go amiss.

I 2nd that.

I didnt suggest a CCA request because the loan was only taken out last year.

They've probably got all the correct paperwork.

jed

Mabey, mabey not, but if you CCA Allied it will put a spook in their wheel for a bit.

2nd point - never talk to these people on the phone, they will tell you any old rubbish to try and get you to pay. Only deal with them in writing.

Youve got 48 hrs, sounds like a bad detective movie.

David

PS, they would look pretty silly going to court if you are already paying £200 per month.

AIC are a bunch of halfwitted idiots... I agree with cashins, if you are paying £200 a month and they take you to court I think the judge might just bust a rib laughing.

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

The very fact that they are offering a 40% discount suggests that all is not right with their paperwork. I think it would definitely be worth a CCA request.

Sorry, yes I forgot about that.

Quite right H & P.

Just a quick comment.

Have you ever received a Default Notice from them regarding the loan?

Are the other 2 x accounts normal current accounts? Are they overdrawn and do they contain any charges?.

I would suggest that you make the payments direct to Natwest not to their little friends.

Please look for further comments as well.

Regards

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.