irpurp

ARGOS: Terrible Customer Service

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3640 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, first time poster, long time lurker.

So, on 9th November, I order table & chairs and a sofa bed from a company who I've never had any problems with in the past, costing a nice whack and a nice and affordable £5 something delivery charge. E-mail stated that delivery would be confirmed with me on or around 5th December -- I was extremely lucky to be called on 27th November with a date... the 2nd December (tomorrow). I told the gentleman caller that I wouldn't be available on this day and to change the date to Thursday (3rd Dec). Done and dusted... or so I thought.

I had a text message earlier today confirming delivery for tomorrow even though I confirmed an alternative date on a phone call last week.

Ring ring.. I call up CS who say that the items have been loaded and can't be unloaded and will be sent out and marked as a failed delivery. The agent also confirmed there was a phone call to me on the 27th but nothing about a change in delivery date.

After speaking with a manager I find out that once the items were returned to the depot I could expect a call on Friday (4th) to arrange a new delivery date which could be anything up to 14 days away. Then asking about a recording or details of the call on the 27th, he claimed there was no record... despite his colleague confirming there was.......!!

In 14 days I travel away for the Christmas break and won't be back until well after New Year.

I'm beginning to feel like my money means nothing to these people - how hard can it really be to re-schedule a delivery and have the items shipped out on a specific date?

I manage an internal customer service team (supporting our own staff) and if our team had ever failed on so many levels there would be immediate reviews and action taken immediately. This sounds like they just want to fob me off with another date. Do these firms not realise that people have jobs to go to - I can't just take a day off whenever Argos feel like it.

I guess I just wanted a rant - I've just moved into my new house and I've had nothing but trouble from utilities and service providers in the last few weeks, Argos have really pushed my button.

:Cry:

Just your Typical Consumer

we have a argos guru, i'm sure they will get involved soon.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Its quite a difficult one to reply to as its not my department at all (I work in stores).

Unfortunately deliveries are loaded/prepared a day in advance, which is why they can't then deliver it the day after. Now this does not excuse them at all for delivering it on the wrong day, it shouldn't even be scheduled on a day you haven't agreed to, the company doesn't hand out dates automatically it should all be confirmed with you.

With regards to a future date being 14 days away, I highly doubt (but cannot guarantee) that this would be the case. Most lead times include a time for goods to come into the warehouse (28 days for things such as sofas/beds), so this sort of thing shouldn't be required a second time around.

Can you PM me what area your from?

Complaints wise I would suggest sending a letter to the MD's Office: Sara Weller (Managing Director), 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 2NW.

They are usually a lot more responsive to complaints then the customer services department

Otherwise I can only sincerely apologise for such an inconvenience, I will try and help as much as I can

Edited by blitz

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

After having been called by a well spoken gentleman named Craig from the head office management team everything has been sorted and the delivery will now take place as originally agreed last week - I understand the phone call recording was found and played back etc etc...

Big thank you to Craig! :)

He mentioned something about sending out some vouchers on a voicemail to me, but I completely forgot when I called him back, however the delivery charge is being wavered by request.

Just shows polite perseverance always pays off.

Thanks all for your replies.

Just your Typical Consumer

I'm glad it got sorted out for you :)

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.