noddyaccount

Lloyds and halifax

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3662 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a credit card in dispute with lloyds , as Halifax is now part of it , can they pilfer my halifax acct. to get payment , how seperate are the entities .

I have a credit card in dispute with lloyds , as Halifax is now part of it , can they pilfer my halifax acct. to get payment , how seperate are the entities .

If they realise then yes they can, the entities are no longer seperate. There are rules, like not leaving you exposed to imminent DDs etc, BUT it's their bank so their rules apply (which they make up to suit).

Tread with caution, maybe set up a parachute account - difficult to say without knowing any background or amounts involved!

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Can they take from a joint account if the debt is only in one name ?

Can they take from a joint account if the debt is only in one name ?

Yes. B/card did on mine. Card in my name - joint account. As I said, they make their own rules :mad:. They really don't care.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Taking my name off the account would stop them though ?

Good thinking. If the cards aren't joint then that should stump them. I'd see if anyone else comes up with an opinion on that but I think you're right :).

Our original account was Woolwich (which became Barclay) so B/card stuffed me.

M

Good thinking. If the cards aren't joint then that should stump them. I'd see if anyone else comes up with an opinion on that but I think you're right :).

Our original account was Woolwich (which became Barclay) so B/card stuffed me.

M

Thank you , Was that when your woolwich card became b/card , or when woolwich became Barclays , is the woolwich still with us ?

Had a Barclaycard and banked with the Woolwich for about 20yrs at least! Barclays took over Woolwich and the card sharks ambushed my account for the arrears. Tried complaining but was basically told to go and whistle for it. Woolwich no longer exists :(. Only decent bank i've ever had!

M