edstraeker and Ruthbridge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ruthbrigde are trying it on with me first letter was adressed to occupier second one was addressed to me neither one states how much is suppossed to be owed or when the debt is actually from i havent contacted them what should i do?

Hi Ed....welcome to the CAG forums...Ruthbridge are well known for chasing debts that are statute barred. i.e. You haven't made a payment towards the debt in at least 6 years or acknowledged it in wiritng. (5 years in Scotland)....Have you checked your credit files ?

You could possibly send them this - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt and send it recorded delivery...

• Haha 1

Hi,

How can you respond when you don't know what it's about. It may be that Ruthbridge are phishing for someone with a similar name so until they actually write and say what the debt is all about, I would ignore them but as advised check your credit file as they may have put something on there.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

That letter will contain all sorts of threats about the legal action they will take. They won't, all the threats are complete bowlarks. Ignore the letter and then they'll threaten you with bankruptcy. Even more bovine waste matter. Ignoring Ruthbridge, indeed simply laughing at their stupid atics, means its only them who are wasting time and money

thanks for the advice its just so annoying that a firm can just demand money from someone i wish i could retaliate in some way and hopefully get people like that closed down

Writing to "the occupier" is a bit of a no no.

You should check your credit file in case any adverse information (including searches) is on there.

Of course, really, by discussing what to do and getting annoyed we all play into their hands. This verbiage is designed purely to try and get a reaction and response.

Yes but the response should be to make complaints to all of the relevant regulatory bodies when these organisations break the law or the rules. Consumer activism of the sort seen on CAG is extremely healthy particularly when those organisations that are supposed to protect members of the public don't do what they're supposed to do.

Yes but the response should be to make complaints to all of the relevant regulatory bodies when these organisations break the law or the rules. Consumer activism of the sort seen on CAG is extremely healthy particularly when those organisations that are supposed to protect members of the public don't do what they're supposed to do.

agreed 100%

Also getting lovely letters from these people just sending details to OFT and Trading standards as failing to respond nicely to my requests that I actually owe any money and are threatening all sorts but strangely all letters are without prejudice. I know I do not owe anything in the last 9 years as was not in UK and have only 1 credit card with up to date payment. Just follow the advice the good people here give , I am looking at it as a challenge as to when I can get them to stop sending letters.

Also getting lovely letters from these people just sending details to OFT and Trading standards as failing to respond nicely to my requests that I actually owe any money and are threatening all sorts but strangely all letters are without prejudice. I know I do not owe anything in the last 9 years as was not in UK and have only 1 credit card with up to date payment. Just follow the advice the good people here give , I am looking at it as a challenge as to when I can get them to stop sending letters.

just be careful they dont pee on your credit file and mess up your current credit card. - I'm currently wearing that t-shirt.... We write to advise we have reduced you limit to 50p.

Strongly advise you put them to sleep with a statute barred letter as soon as. These muppets pee on cra files for fun