my dads car problem.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my dad as got a used vauxhall corsa 04 bought on the 1st september 2009, since last week it as had an intermittant fault when starting which we think is to do with the earth in the wiring loom.

when a wire is pressed on the negative on the battery, then to a earthing point on the ecu this seems to make it start, but we cant be certain.

it was a major garage franchise he got the car from, they have attempt one repair so far without success so we are taking it back again tomorrow. How many attempts do the garage get before you can reject the car for a refund.

They have known about the fault since friday 27th Nov 2009

The garage gave my dad a 3 month warranty which runout today.

thanks for any help

Have you explained what you do to get it started to them? Why would you want a refund given such a simple fault?

Ask them to fix and point out disatisfaction to salesperson and service manager.

They must be given a reasonable amount of time and attempts to fix the issue.

we have explained to them what the fault is, we've had the RAC out twice, they said it was an earth fault, RAC put a temporary wire to earth it, the garage replaced this wire. car started fine at the garage but now its the same fault again.

we will give them time to fix the fault. what happens if they cant fix it. do we have to put up with it.

You are past what is considered a reasonable time to reject but that does not mean a court couldn't uphold rejection if the fault can't be cured.

I would only give them a third chance at a repair and then tell them you reject the car either for replacement or money back. If you do attempt rejection, this must be done in writting.

Have you removed the connection at the battery post and given it a good clean up. Also check that there is an earthing braid between the body and the engine.

Edited by Conniff
Correct typo

You are past what is considered a reasonable time to reject but that does not mean a court couldn't uphold rejection if the fault can't be cured.

I would only give them a third chance at a repair and then tell them you reject the car either for replacement or money back. If you do attempt rejection, this must be done in writting.

Have you removed the connection at the battery post and given it a good clean up. Also check that there is an eathing braid between the body and the engine.

thanks for the information, I have been told that it may not be the earth but it could be the crank sensor.