ISOS Housing FOI Request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks

I am trying to get details of a incident that took place within one of Castle Morpeth Housing's Property through the Freedom of Information Act.

Castle Morpeth Housing is part of the ISOS Group which is registered at companies house with the following address.

Industrial/Provident (England/Wales)

Public Records Section

Financial Services Authority

25 The North Colonnade

Canary Wharf

London

E14 5HS

Dose this mean the organisation is open to FOI requests?

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (edited for bookworm god bless her sole) Deep Peace be with you.

“I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have

nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the

most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of

suffering.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs —

Victory in spite of all terror — Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for

without victory there is no survival.”

(Winston Churchill Addressing the House of commons.)

All complaints go to the lootube. All conversations go in the white box then you click submit.

• 2 weeks later...

They are a Housing Association so are not currently covered by the FOI Act. They are not included as the act only covers public authorities and HAs are not public authorities. However, this may change soon as the High Court recently ruled London & Quadrant HA are a public authority but I think more legislation has to be passed before they will be covered by the Act.

Hi Aviva.

Thanks for the response.

Yes ISOS are a housing association but the authority is there registered office.

So under legislation they have access to data held under there contracts.

If you apply the public interest test and say the authority is entitled to the information then why aren't we. The data protection act is supposed to protect us from the invasion of information.

But I see a way around it.

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (edited for bookworm god bless her sole) Deep Peace be with you.

“I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have

nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the

most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of

suffering.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs —

Victory in spite of all terror — Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for

without victory there is no survival.”

(Winston Churchill Addressing the House of commons.)

All complaints go to the lootube. All conversations go in the white box then you click submit.