Consumer dude

Electronic signatures

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3222 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just attempted to sign my signature for a delivery on one of those devices that is not pen to paper, tried but it failed to look anythink like my signature, What is the point of these devices ?:confused:

lol, I get ya drift! I have a smiley at the end of mine, and even the bank doesnt notice when I make it a sad face!

I pulled the manager up on this as theres a HUGE difference between a happy n sad face, n he got really irate at me!

In terms of the handheld signiture things, they're a waste of time. I bet if you sign "Joe Bloggs", the guy/gal wouldnt care!

Whats the whole point of signing anyway?

Jeez, in the old days, the postie KNEW where he was going and he even knew the people. These days, its just........ an industry.

So much for modernisation.

Well, as the signature is 'captured' it can be used by the courier company to prove you accepted the parcel, and for all we know retain the image file and process it next time they have an unsigned delivery, to 'prove' you actually accepted delivery.

Cynic, me? :)

couriers will be called upon in court for identification.

sorry, had to point that out.

Court? AFAICR, the signature does not need corroboration, unless challenged. and in any case, cout action would be pretty remote!

the point is that you signed for something, the courier will vouch for that.

had to sign for something in a shop recently and the woman on the till accepted my signiture

wasnt untill the next store refused to accept it that i realised i hadnt signed my card yet

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

If its a refund I always accept the signature regardless if the card is signed... (I am putting money back on your card are you really going to say you didn't authorise that???). Though I do always point it out, I even do it if its being done by chip and pin and I can see the back of the cards with the machines we use at work.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

lol, I get ya drift! I have a smiley at the end of mine, and even the bank doesnt notice when I make it a sad face!

I pulled the manager up on this as theres a HUGE difference between a happy n sad face, n he got really irate at me!

In terms of the handheld signiture things, they're a waste of time. I bet if you sign "Joe Bloggs", the guy/gal wouldnt care!

Whats the whole point of signing anyway?

Jeez, in the old days, the postie KNEW where he was going and he even knew the people. These days, its just........ an industry.

So much for modernisation.

I don't think it matters does it, you could sign Queen Lizzy 2 if you want and it would still me your signiture, its YOUR MARK just as an X is your mark, so anything penned by your hand is your signiture, or am I barking up the wrong pencil!!!!

Hmm not too sure. But I would say whatever you signed on your "Passport" or "Photo identity Card" is your recognised sig.