bristolsomeone

bristow and sutor: council tax related

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3632 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have read some good advice on this forum and figured it was finally time to register...

I live in a shared house and we owe about 600 for council tax arrears. We spoke to the bloke initially, but he didnt call back, or at least there was confusion...ie i think i was meant to send him my housemates number and forgot, but he had mine...

Anyway, a month later, we get a bloke at the door I choose to ignore because he looked like a man doing surveys, and then later spot a Notice of Seizure of Goods, detailing on the Inventry a yellow van outside with no name on the V12 and tax about to expire...but its not ours!

The council costs are listed as 558.93

Attendance to levy fees are 42.50 which on the back looks made up of 2 charges.

Then a levy fee of 43.00

And Redemption of Goods Fee 24.50

Total 668.93.

Can I negotiate these excessive costs...

We can pay about a third now and then the rest spread over 2months...

Thanks for the help in advance :)