Afternoon Assasin

Abbey seem to have lost my money !

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3641 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I wonder if anybody can help me.

Earlier this year I made a transfer from my Abbey account to another of my accounts, that is not Abbey, via the internet, a worldpay transaction, it appeared to have failed, so I did it again, the second one went through no problems.

However, Abbey paid them both out of my account. The first one that appeared to fail at my end never arrived at the other end. The second transaction did arrive at my account at the other end.

I duly opened a transaction dispute with Abbey for the first transaction that failed and some 2 weeks later they returned the failed transaction amount to my account. All sorted I thought !

A couple of months later the money dissapears from my account again ! I call them and they tell me that I need to fill out a form for them to be able to give me my money back, they send me a form, I complete it, return it via fax as requested, I have now done this four times, each time faxing and posting, and have proof of delivery, and have called tham to check they recieved it and have comformation from them they have. Having been without my money for several months now and getting nowhere I decided that I should make an official complaint. I asked for a copy of the complaints procedure, made a complaint, several weeks later I recieve a letter telling me that the problem was caused by an administrative error and that my complaint has been passed to the correct department and that another form for me to sign and return !!! I once again received the same form as I had several times before, I completed it, returned it via email, and received comformation from a person in the complaints dept that they had received it. Now several weeks later I have not had the money returned to my account.....

Should I contact Abbey or the FSA ?

FSA and write to shabbey again and state that you wil now be submitting a request for the monies owed plus added interest that you have lost due to their stupid incompetence

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

I think Abbey have more than enough time to sort this out for you. You could if you wish give them one last chance. A letter detailing the amount of time you have already spent on this and giving them 7 days from receipt of letter to fully resove your complaint.

I would do a list of all the times you have completed the form and on what dates, if you have phoned them, list the calls as well.

Your final sentence should be that you will be making an official complaint to the FSA ? or should that be the FOS ?.. either way, you will be making the complaint unless resolved.

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for th equick reply.

Is there a template for such a letter ?

I have times and dates of the times I have phoned, faxed, and of course the copies of emails so I can list them all.

Do I have to complete the Abbey complaints precedure before going to the FSA ?