pazor

Can this item be returned ?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3616 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Item purchased on Viking Directs website, Disco web browser. There was a note on the internet saying non returnable unless faulty. After having for a few days the item is not wanted due to not being what they thought it was.

Can this item be returned ? under the distance selling act ?

Edited by pazor

Guest wino

I am trying to find a thread I have read on here before about something similar.

From what I remember Viking Direct comes under business use and does not take in distance selling rules. You can only send back if faulty.

I will keep trying to find the thread and check the facts in the meantime someone else might come alomg with the answer.

Guest wino

I found this about distance selling. If you bought the item as an individual not a business then you can return it within 7 days for a full refund.

Consumers have a cooling off period in which they can withdraw from the contract for any reason. The cooling off period begins as soon as the order has been made. In the case of goods, it ends seven working days after the day of receipt of the goods. In the case of services, it ends seven working days after the day the order were made. If the consumer agrees to the service beginning within the seven days, the right to cancel ends when the service starts; and

• Where consumers notify the supplier in writing or another durable medium that they wish to cancel the contract, they must be refunded within 30 days all money paid.

The Regulations do not apply to:

• business-to-business contracts

...................................................................................

Viking has this in it's T&Cs

BUSINESS SALES ONLY

These sale conditions apply to all sales of goods by us to businesses through our web site, and shall apply to any orders you submit through our web site. If you are purchasing as a consumer, please visit our consumer web site called "Viking at home". If you submit an order through the business part of our site then you are undertaking that you are purchasing for business purposes, and not as a consumer.

So it looks like you cannot send it back. Sorry. Unless it is not as discribed:(

After speaking to them again today they are saying due to the nature of the item this can not be returned they said its the same with software and thats why they have a non returnable notice when purchasing the item, And this was purchased as a consumer web site and not the business,

After speaking to them again today they are saying due to the nature of the item this can not be returned they said its the same with software and thats why they have a non returnable notice when purchasing the item, And this was purchased as a consumer web site and not the business,

If it's software that's been opened then the answer is (probably) a 'no'.

See this link and scroll down to the last section:

Consumer Direct - Returning or cancelling orders

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--