style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3446 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

foolishly i took out a loan with loan shark loans opps logbook loans. ive been paying almost 12 months and still have 6 more to go. my initial loan was 500 pound and i was quoted a settlement figure of 700...what the hell ? this company seem to have excessively been charging me, phone calls letters, almost 3 charges a week and each one is 12pound (my loan repayment is approx 22 a week). is there a limitation on the number of charges you can receive in a week.

its worked out ive paid 1144 so far and still owe 572, these figures are probably without charges added on. my settlement figure which is valid for 7 days is 700...so i really dont know the true figure... seems a bit suspect!!

There doesnt appear to be a question in your post ? How can we help you:)

As there is a specific forum for Log Book Loans, I have moved your thread there. You will attract more visitors

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

the question was, is there a limit on the number of charges they can apply to your account in one week? as i was writing my initial thread i received a letter from logbook(another £12) odd how they're now saying they will take my car if i dont pay the outstanding balance in 16days (£88). this suddenly seems to have come about when i started complaining about them several weeks ago.

sorry, missed that. Anyway, you should soon get some help from others who have knowledge of this product.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

3years And Almost 4000pound Later Ive Finally Seen The Back Of These Pirates, And All I Initially Took Was 500pound And Nothing More. Beware Their Stealth Charges And Their School Ground Bully Boy Tactics. Anyone Out There Think I Should Try To Kick Up A Storm So I Can Sink Their Pirate Vessel?

3years And Almost 4000pound Later Ive Finally Seen The Back Of These Pirates, And All I Initially Took Was 500pound And Nothing More. Beware Their Stealth Charges And Their School Ground Bully Boy Tactics. Anyone Out There Think I Should Try To Kick Up A Storm So I Can Sink Their Pirate Vessel?
LOL! well done sounds like you seeing them off.What Were you thinking aout complaining about to sink their pirate vessell further?I beleive you can make a complaint to OFT office of fair trading if you think they behaved badly and gone agianst OFT debt collection practices or are you thinking about claiming unfair charges?

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi lost in space - do you have a complete list of all charges they have added on. If yes then you could try to claim them back - if not then write and ask them for a full statement of account.

WELL DONE on finally getting rid of them!!!!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

i have a full list of charges, they total over 1200 pound...... they really enjoyed phoning me at 12pound a pop, sometimes they would phone 3times a week...ok i may have recieved a couple but i believe the rest are all a load of old pony.... damn them sea dogs may they all get scurvy.

i have a full list of charges, they total over 1200 pound...... they really enjoyed phoning me at 12pound a pop, sometimes they would phone 3times a week...ok i may have recieved a couple but i believe the rest are all a load of old pony.... damn them sea dogs may they all get scurvy.

Good on you!:D:D:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Never heard of them till today :eek: but just loooked up their site! How awful ! You say they charged you £12.00 every phone call:eek:

Last month i finished paying of logbook loans and they were nothing but trouble. The initial loan was for 500pound taken in 2007 foolishly i reloaned for 500 pound i still had about 200 left of the last loan to repay so with my new loan i received about 300. This was paid off in March.....in total the 2 loans have cost me 4242pound and just over 36months. In this period i accumulated 95 charges each of 12pound. The majority of these were of phone calls which i did not recieve, yes i did get several letters but for example say i got 20letters do you think i would ignore 75phone calls!!!!!????? Is there anything i can do about this? i did write to the bandits but i was informed i should answer my phone or listen to my answer machine.....huh....:confused:

Please report this matter to your local Trading Stadards!

you could sar them asking for all the information they hold on you..it cost a tenner..but should also give you a breakdown on when these calls were made and to whom...if you cannot get a satisfactory answer via this route then i would be looking at taking them to court for a return of these phantom fees

Several months back i repayed my logbook loan, initially it was taken out in 2007 for £500. Foolishly i re-loaned for another £500 but i only got 218 due to outstanding balance etc etc. This loan has been completely paid off and the grand some paid back has come to just under £5000 pound, approx £1100 of this was charges(ie letters and phantom phonecalls). Earlier in the year i did write to them about this outrageous cost of charges and they refunded me £36. They said i should follow up my complaint once the loan has been paid off in total. I have sent several emails and letters and no joy at all, any ideas or should this just be an expensive lession learned? every time i see a logbook poster i just want to write the truth on it "we'll take the ****, financially".