reallymadwoman

RMW v Bank of Scotland - another line of attack

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3638 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I haven't pursued this aspect of a complaint before (other stuff was far more damaging and I had more evidence) but BOS have breached a number of data protection rules.

1. SAR request 30th August 2007. Partial response September 2008! Slightly outside the statutory time scales, I would think. Had the request been complied with on time it would have made a significant difference to the outcome of the complaint then with the FOS and probably removed the need for a further complaint which is still going through now.

2. During a previous FOS complaint the Bank promised to remove my phone number from their records. It was still there about 30 times.

3. A lot of the data supplied was incomprehensible through unexplained codes.

4. A lot of the data is inaccurate, but mostly fairly trivial errors. I just want to make life as difficult as possible for them.

5. I may have given my consent to data sharing if I had ever signed any agreements. I would never have given consent for my data to be passed around at least 19 outside agencies. Even the Bank don't know what data has been passed to which agency, and I have that in writing. I think this is in clear breach of Principle 6 (amongst lots of others) because of the prejudice to my rights etc caused by being harassed by 19 different DCAs.

6. There is clear evidence of a lack of proper security if even the Bank don't know what data has been passed around.

I'm at the stage of the initial letter to the Bank regarding the above and I'm thinking of including a CPR request for further information to better prepare my case, and of course hopefully avoid having to take legal action at all.

7. There is a particular document which is extremely damaging to the Bank. If I have to take this to court, I would want to sue the author personally as well as the Bank. Can I force them through CPR to disclose the name of the author?

8. There is a lot of information missing. I suspect this is because it's in a paper file rather than on computer as there are references such as 'refer all corr to ? dep file'. I would love to know what the ? stands for. What are my chances of getting copies of that through CPR?

Would I be better off doing another SAR to get any data added/changed since Sept 2008?

I'm viewing this as an alternative line of attack to run alongside the FOS complaint since of course the FOS can't deal with DP issues. I want to make them work really hard to 'properly' comply with the original SAR and make them jump through as many hoops as they like their customers to. I will be going for a court order that says that they can no longer process my data at all since they've made such a mess of doing it so far. Of course if they're no longer allowed to process my data then it's curtains so far as trying to collect money from me is concerned.

Edited by reallymadwoman

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Letter removed for now. I'll put the final version back when I can.

Edited by reallymadwoman

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.