3 creditors wanting me to pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I hope someone here can help me.

After looking through some papers the other day it appears that I have 3 craditors trying to get me to pay for the exact same thing, they are:

Blair, Oliver and Scott Limited, Albion Collections LTD and the latest addition, iQor recovery Services Ltd

I have sent a few letters to my bank before the credtiors got involved and they never relied, I have also sent a few letters (registered and non-registered) to Albion and Blair to discuss payment terms and have not received any reply from them, only more claims letters. I have not sent any letters to iQor yet.

I have been waiting on and off for replies for just over 7 months apporximately.

What options do I have? Can anyone give me advice as to what I can do?

Also, I am not in Scotland any more.

Thanks

Hi ahnoed

Blair Oliver Scott, Albion and IQor are all part of the same set up.. so technically only one company is the administrator of the account.. but they are allowing the other two to mess with your head.

Blair Oliver Scott is the company you should be writing to.

IMHO, it would be worth sending a CCA request to Blair Oliver Scott. Just to ensure that the account being chased is up to scratch.

The letter you need to send is HERE you will need to include a postal order for £1.00.

Then I suggest you write a separate letter (but include it in the same envelope)

Dear Sirs,

Ref Account Number:

I am in receipt of various correspondence from yourselves, Albion and Iqor.

It is my understanding that Albion and Iqor would have been instructed by yourselves and you will surely be aware that having multiple agencies pursuing one account is against OFT Guidelines.

Please be good enough to advise your proposals to resolve this issue. If I have not heard from you within 10 days, I will be raising an official complaint with the Office of Fair Trading.

Yours faithfully.

You should send your letter by Recorded delivery post at the very least. Keep the posting receipt. Also ensure you keep the postal order receipts. You should ask the Post office to "cross" the postal order for you. That way it can only be paid through Blair Oliver's bank account.

Along with the name of Blair Oliver Scott on the postal order, you should write the account number to which this refers.

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Glad to help.. let us know how you get on. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

Well an update for you. I got the letters back from my bank with my agreements (of course they didn't send it within the 10 working days as stated in the letters I sent).

I have secured a loan to pay off the debt in the UK now (it was the best option and payments are much more affordable for me).

Now the problem. I have credit card debt and a personal loan, both with the Bank of Scotland, who do I contact to pay off the debt?

I am still receiving credit card "statements" from the credit card company asking me to pay and still getting demand letters from 2 creditors (iQor and another which tells me to contact Iqor), all for the exact same amount). If I pay the credit card company, will iQor stop hounding me or should I go through iQor?

Alternatively, can I go into a Bank of Scotland branch and get it sorted out on the spot? (I am still not in Scotland though, but would make the trip if it all got sorted out quickly).

The same thing applies to my personal loan, do I contact my bank or do I contact the creditors?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

If it is your intention to settle the accounts then I would go via Blair Oliver Scott or Bank of Scotland.

Bank of Scotland do still own the accounts, Blair Oliver Scott is just the "in house" debt collection agency.

BCOBS

Thanks citizenB. I'll go through the Bank of Scotland and hopefully get someone good to talk to.

If you do find someone "good", can you please get all their details, name, extension number etc.. :lol:

BCOBS