Smel making a claim!! Please help!

smel24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there all,

Having done all the steps religiously, HSBC have ignored my LBA and today is the 14th day from that received by them.

I have added the 8% interest to my list of charges which has added a further £576 to the bill. :p

One question though, I have copied the rough pro forma text for the online claim from the wonderful library but am confused by the following:

"Your action is on the grounds that:-

You have a contract with the defendant bank dated XXXX and which is conducted on their standard terms and conditions."

What is this contract date supposed to represent - the date I opened the account/ the date I sent my prelim letter/ the date of the first charge claimed? If it is the date I opened the account it some time when I was 14 but the account status was changed to Student (2000) then to Graduate (2003).

One LAST question! I need the name and address of the defendant to file a claim - is this purely HSBC PLC plus my corresponding address or is it the Head Office (Canada Water) address??? :confused:

Many thanks!!

Smel

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

Capital One *WON* Total £385 plus removal of default

Next Disputing Default Notice - CRA's were very unhelpful, am going to make a complaint to OFT/FSA and considering court action following this.

For the Husband:

NatWest Current Account *WON* Total £3500 plus removal of default

Yes Car Credit PPI Posting SAR and first letter this week...

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

Hi Smel. Well done for getting so far before asking questions!

All I put on the 'form' was that I had held an account for approx xxx years as I could not remember the exact time I opened the account and it seemed to make no difference at all to my claim. Just re-word it slightly.

As for the address, I put the Canada Sq one in london and that worked ok.

Hope this helps and good luck.

• Confused 1

Barney2002 - If you want to see how I got my money back, click http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/11376-barney2002-hsbc-round-one.html.

HSBC

15/08/06 - £4955 paid in full from HSBC!!!!!!! 'Ave it!!

OTHERS

04/08 - Conf rec'd from Capital One - sending statements

07/08 - Conf rec'd from Tesco Finance - sending statements,29/08 sent prelim for £282

10/08 - Conf rec'd MBNA - sending statements.02/09 prelim for £437

10/08 - Conf rec'd Morgan Stanley - need to send ID - sent 11/08,rec'd letter offering £96(rejecting), 02/09 prelim for £220- Rec'd £240 few days ago.

If any advice I give is helpful then please hit the scales - Top Right. Thank you.

** For Every bed I sell to a CAG Forum member, I will donate £50 to the CAG **

Visit my site for the full range of Hand Forged Beds at

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Oh thank you so much! And the name was just 'HSBC PLC'?

Out of curiosity, how long did it take for HSBC to fold and refund your money (although I'm prepared to go all the way)?!

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

Next Disputing Default Notice - CRA's were very unhelpful, am going to make a complaint to OFT/FSA and considering court action following this.

For the Husband:

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

HSBC Bank Plc.

If you view my thread it will show you the timescale, only a couple of weeks I think!

Barney2002 - If you want to see how I got my money back, click http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/11376-barney2002-hsbc-round-one.html.

HSBC

OTHERS

07/08 - Conf rec'd from Tesco Finance - sending statements,29/08 sent prelim for £282

10/08 - Conf rec'd Morgan Stanley - need to send ID - sent 11/08,rec'd letter offering £96(rejecting), 02/09 prelim for £220- Rec'd £240 few days ago.

If any advice I give is helpful then please hit the scales - Top Right. Thank you.

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Wow, I've just put in my court claim for a total of £3476!! Am scared and excited at the same time.....oh well, patience is a virtue as they say.

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

For the Husband:

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

Good luck!!

HSBC

OTHERS

www.classicsiniron.co.uk

Hi there,

Well I received the confirmation by letter of the claim from the Court on Friday - HSBC have until September 5th to make a defence....argghh!

I had one thought today thought: on Moneyclaim there was nowhere (that I remember) to attach my schedule of charges and interest - although I did include the total in my claim - does this matter? I suppose if it went to court then I'd whip out the schedule of charges.....??

Cheers,

Smel

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

For the Husband:

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

I hope so! Cheers ;)

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

For the Husband:

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

well i had the reakdown letter on sat i faxed over the breakdown on sat so they had it for monday morn letter arrives tues full offer not long now good luck

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay it's been over two weeks now and I haven't received a request for my schedule of charges from DG or any other letter. I do have a rubbish postal service in my area though - my mail often ends up in someone elses door - should I just be patient?

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

For the Husband:

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

Mel.

I sent my MCOL 2 days before you and seems that we are at similar stages... they had until 3rd or so to file a defence, I got a letter on Saturday asking for a breakdown of charges claiming for 2855 plus £700 interest.... Does anyone know whether I am allowed to fax this information and whether I get a notification saying they have recieved this?

hi yes you can fax it to the number at the top of the letter

smel i would call them to make sure they havent forgotten you phone numbers are around in the contact thread good luck

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Yeah I tried to phone DG, left a message but haven't received a call back (how rude) - I'll try again today.

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

For the Husband:

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

Well, today is the 6th. If they haven't put in a defence, then you should be able to get judgement by default.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I checked my letter from the court this morning, the claim was served on the 22nd August, which they acknowledged giving them 28 days - I make that 19th Septmeber until I can get a judgement by default.

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

For the Husband:

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

mine is in the same situation. i filed my claim on 16th aug (in person at court), hsbc acknowledged 22th aug- since then no word. The court have advised that it will now go to the judge for a decision however he has a 2 week backlog. So i'm still waiting....... good luck with your claim. nice to read about someone in same position as most people claiming against hsbc get offers almost straight away. Will keep a check on your progress. good luck again!

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

Thanks Sarah, did the court advise you of the judgement automatically or did you have to file for judgement?

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

For the Husband:

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

i have just called the court and they said if i havent heard anything by friday to ring them as the deadline for hsbc to submit a defense was yesterday. i think it then goes to the judge and judgement is then filed automatically. i think- i may not be right! hope it helps

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

Great, thanks for that it's a big help!

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

For the Husband:

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

Great thanks for that, it's a big help!

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

For the Husband:

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

• 2 weeks later...

HURRAH!!!! I have received a full refund from HSBC totalling a few pennies off £3600! :o

On Thursday 7th Sept I received a letter from DG requesting the schedule of charges and seeing as I was jetting off on holiday that night I printed it off and ran to my friends house to get her to fax AND post the next day.

I flew back to the UK on the next Tuesday morning and that day a letter came offering the full refund which I signed and returned.

I went off travelling again (business this time) to return Saturday 16th to a letter from HSBC confirming the full refund had been credited to my account (and yes I checked my balance on the phone bank). Now I just need to cancel the court claim. :|

Anyway, I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who's helped me on this forum, thanks to Martin (Money Saving Expert) for letting his members know of this wonderful site and lastly to CAG for setting this up and giving some control back to all bank customers. I will of course be making my doantion to this site and be pursuing other old accounts of mine.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL :D

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

For the Husband:

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI

Well, I am going to treat my boyfriend and myself to dinner at our favourtie restaurant on saturday and do a (little ;) ) bit of clothes shopping but asisdes from that i'm paying my donation to CAG and the rest is all going on debts!

It's such a weight off my shoulders now - yipee! :razz:

HSBC *WON* Total £3500

For the Husband:

Next up...

HFC Loan - PPI