Help Needed for Court Case Please

loopy-loo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Agree with middenmess and docman about the DN - as far as I am aware, there is no provision for reconstructing a default notice.

It would be good to compare the two - any 'reconstruction' used in their WS would put the truthfulness of their whole WS in doubt.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Santander DN reads:

Default Notice

Served under Section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

09/06/09

IMPORTANT - YOU SHOULD READ THIS CAREFULLY.

Your DEBENHAMS STORECARD Account Credit Number XXXXXXXXXXX

We are required by law to send this notice to you before we can take action to recover the outstanding balance on your account.

You are in breach of the payments clause of your agreement which states that you must make at least the minimum payment each month when due. You have failed to make these payments and as result your account is in arrears of £171.21.

To remedy this breach you must pay the arrears within 21 days from receipt of this notice. You may telephone us on 0870 5134570 with your proposals.

IF THE ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE IS TAKEN BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN NO FURTHER ENFORCEMENT ACTION WILL BE TAKEN IN RESPECT OF THE BREACH.

IF YOU DO NOT TAKE THE ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN THEN FURTHER THE ACTION SET OUT BELOW MAY BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU.

Failure to make the required payment may result in us:

- Closing your account

- Passing your account to a Debt Collection Agency to recover the outstanding balance, together with interest and charges and/or

-Bringing legal proceedings against you

In addition, if you do not agree satisfactory repayment proposals with us and make the require payments we will provide information about your failure to pay to Credit Reference Agencies.

IF YOU HAVE ANY DIFFICULTY PAYING ANY SUM OWING UNDER THE AGREEMENT OR TAKING ANY OTHER ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE, YOU CAN APPLY TO THE COURT WHICH MAY MAKE AN ORDER ALLOWING YOU OR ANY SURETY MORE TIME.

IF YOU ARE NOT SURE WHAT TO DO, YOU SHOULD GET HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOR EXAMPLE YOU SHOULD CONTACT A SOLICITOR, YOUR LOCAL TRADING STANDARDS DEPARTMENT OR YOUR NEAREST CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAU.

This notice should include a copy of the current Office of Fair Trading information sheet default. This contains important information about your rights and where to go for support and advice. If it is not included, you should contact us to get one.

I will scan the original if required.

SantDN.jpgS

Edited by loopy-loo
Scanned copy attached

Could be two completely different D/N's for two unrelated accounts as there are so many differences when compared.

Reconstructed with imagination sounds better than an outright forgery but the one before the court certainly needs demolishing for what it is and for what it pretends to be.

The reason they forged the Default Notice in the POC's was because of their witness statement [CB's eagle eyes]

Once they had made their witness statement stating 9th January,2009 as the date of the D/N they compounded their error by using the name GE as the company was then known. At the time of the 'proper' D/N on June 9th,2009 the company was known as 'Santander' and was headed as such.

Naughty,Naughty people:eek:

Properly prepared you could cause these muppetts serious problems.

80ti1t0qxp.jpg

Possibly too late now, but they are supposed to put an actual date ie 18/06/2010. Not an amount of days ie 14, 21 days.

In this instance, I suspect a DJ would overlook the issue in that they have given 21 days (7 more than the 14 required). But that all depends how the DN was posted. If 2nd class or UK mail then I dont think you would hae been given 14 clear days to remedy.

Also, you would need to know the accuracy of the arrears they are asking for.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Possibly too late now, but they are supposed to put an actual date ie 18/06/2010. Not an amount of days ie 14, 21 days.

In this instance, I suspect a DJ would overlook the issue in that they have given 21 days (7 more than the 14 required). But that all depends how the DN was posted. If 2nd class or UK mail then I dont think you would hae been given 14 clear days to remedy.

Yep, just noticed that. The LIP could easily claim the DN was confusing as Santander quite clearly state payment should be made (in capitals under the 21 day bit) before the date shown. The only date on there is the date it was issued/composed so how on earth could you offer payment before you even received it? :p

Specifying 21 days is just not good enough. Let's hope LL gets on OK.

Yep, just noticed that. The LIP could easily claim the DN was confusing as Santander quite clearly state payment should be made (in capitals under the 21 day bit) before the date shown. The only date on there is the date it was issued/composed so how on earth could you offer payment before you even received it? :p

Specifying 21 days is just not good enough. Let's hope LL gets on OK.

:)

Yes, lots of people sending positive thoughts.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CB

I missed that one as well. I agree that a DJ would be likely to overlook but he shouldn't. Schedule 2 of the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 provides in section 3 (c ) and (d) as follows:

(c ) if the breach is capable of remedy, what action is required and the date, being a date not less than fourteen days after the date of service of the notice, before which that action is to be taken: or

(d) if the breach is not capable of remedy, the sum (if any) required to be paid as compensation for the breach and the date, being a date not less than fourteen days after the date of service of the notice, before which it is to be paid.

Paragraph 6 of the Regulations is quite clear.

"(6) The wording in any such statement shall be reproduced in the notice without any alteration or addition, and in relation to any statement to be contained in the notice the requirements of any note shall be complied with..."

I would argue that the regulations are requiring exact adherence to the wording and that because a statement of '21 days' is not a date but a period of time, the DN is invalid. If the DJ disagreed, surely this would then be a point to appeal.

But let's wait for loopy-lou to tell us what has happened this morning before we get into appeal points.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

• 2 weeks later...

Hi L-l

how did you get on at court?

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

having just read this thread with great interest. I find it very frustrating not to know the outcome. It seems everyone gives up their time to help and offer thoughts etc yet rather oddly there is nothing after the hearing to tell us what happened.