Newbie to this site - Welcome Finance

fulhamjim
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all,

I've had several loans with Welcome over the past 6 years, started off with £500, and it's escalated with 3 or 4 "top-ups" of about £1000.

At least three of the times, including my initial loan, I was told that if I did not take out PPI my loan would not be accepted. I've since noticed from various sources(and having been cold-called about PPI reclaiming) that it's all a big, well-known [problem], and am keen to understand a bit more. I've read several threads but there's so much info there it's a bit of information overload!

I'm sure that when I topped up, they've paid off the original loan with no rebate on the PPI, and just added that on to the new agreement. So in effect, I'm paying PPI, and interest, for PPI that covers loans that don't exist any more!

What should be my first step, an S.A.R. to Welcome asking for details of all the loan agreements I've entered, and what they are made up of?

Does them having miss-sold me insurance make the agreement unenforceable?

Can I stop paying them immediately, as I believe the account to be in dispute?

Your advice and suggestions would be most welcome(!!!!)

Thanks in advance,

Jim

hi fulhamjim don't know about stopping payments or putting account into dispute i am sure someone will come along and advise u on this but the SAR for welcome is on another thread "welcome----need help" it's number 28 i am sure post won't mind me telling you where it is because it's his special one for welcome.

Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong but i wouldnt stop payment at the moment especially if you have a good credit history you wouldnt want these fools to spoil that.....

I believe you can contact welcome and find out who underwrites your ppi and SAR them also to see if there even are policies....

sorry im not much help i have limited knowledge but am learning through reading im sure someone more experienced will come along and help out :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 1 month later...

Sent off my first letter on 30/11 quoting the three PPI policies I was miss-sold. Guess what? No response.

So I am sending my second letter giving them 14 days, with photocopy of my first letter and copy of the recorded delivery receipt(which shows delivery was made on 1/12!)...

Thing this is going to take some time.... :mad:

If you want to move along without waiting for them contact direct group yourself they seem able to provide information using your name, dob and address you wont need all account numbers etc

theres a link to direct group on alot of threads have a read through and find it :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Customer Service: 08444124100

Got it from there website: Direct Group - Contact Us

there ya go :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

:smile::smile:Success!

My letters were all ignored or fobbed off by Welcome, and I was contacted by a company who offered to do the service, and sent me their forms. The forms were littered with spelling mistakes, and I just didn’t trust them so I told them not to bother.

Then I was introduced to a friend of a friend who works for one of these companies, he handled my claim for me. I sent him all the details on 16/9, and I have today received my first offer of just shy of £1500. But he’s going to go back and try for more!

Thanks to all for the advice offered. Obviously giving away 25% hurts but they’ve got results in just under 8 weeks so it’s a price I was willing to pay to save me the hassle. If you want my new friend’s number and contact details, please PM me and I’ll be glad to share.

Just in time for Christmas too, I’ll be eating Goose and drinking champagne instead of Turkey & Cava!

• 2 months later...

quick update.

Welcome finally sent the payment to my claims company at the end of Dec, but. nin clsoing one agreement and re-calculating the new one, they somehow managed to create two accounts and default me on both, plus deduct a months payment from the PPI refund as "arrears". Incredible. Have written to them yet again.