style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3632 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everybody. this is an update after receiving letters from telogram/capquest/ HL legal and of course the purported letters from abbey, which came from the dca address. and also the phone calls..tut!I have not made any contact by phone or letter, and have been on hold waiting for our credit reports to arrive.well they have now arrrived and are brill! everything in order.This debt of just over £100 did exist in and around 1993 but citizens AB advised us that abbey where not going to pursue this debt due to me beingstruck down with mega life threating illness. so this is the first contact we have had as regards this debt.My Question is, what do I do now??? A) should I ignore all and any further contactsB) should I send a statute barred letter off this site.C) or should i approach Citizens AB (as I am still under their umbrella)and get them to send the statute barred letter.regards owen.

send a stat barred letter and have done with the fools

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Hi everybody. this is an update after receiving letters from telogram/capquest/ HL legal and of course the purported letters from abbey, which came from the dca address. and also the phone calls..tut!I have not made any contact by phone or letter, and have been on hold waiting for our credit reports to arrive.well they have now arrrived and are brill! everything in order.This debt of just over £100 did exist in and around 1993 but citizens AB advised us that abbey where not going to pursue this debt due to me beingstruck down with mega life threating illness. so this is the first contact we have had as regards this debt.My Question is, what do I do now??? A) should I ignore all and any further contactsB) should I send a statute barred letter off this site.C) or should i approach Citizens AB (as I am still under their umbrella)and get them to send the statute barred letter.regards owen.

I too have had the same letters Owen, even the dodgy Abbey letter which

I phoned abbey about they told me it did not come from them and were none to pleased at Crapquest using their header. They also told me there had been no activity on the account in question scince march 1991, so i would assume statute barred. Anyway sent the statute barred letter recorded delivery which was signed for this morning so wait with baited breath for the next installment.

Hi donor25 sounds good. I will be pleased to see if you have a reply from them.My dillema is with being under the Citizens advice B I'm worried that if I just send off a stat barred letter Citizens may take the huff and advise me to go elswhere.....spooky. cos they are a great help, as is this site,and teamI'm thinking that citizens might carry more weight with the stat barred letter.cos they don't stand no nonsense from these lowlifes.owen

The Law is The law the debt is statute barred it matters not who sends the letter just send it, why would CAB get the hump? stop worrying and send the letter recorded.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Hi hardup, sounds like good advice.the reason i'm concerned for Citizens is because some time ago. i did something on my own, and they where understandably not suited.working on the basis of do you want us to do the job or not.owen.

so you do everything then, at the end of the day you can do all they do, and sometimes with better results

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Frankly, from what I've seen of the dire advice that the CAB have handed out to other CAGgers of late, I'd say you were better off being rid of them anyway :rolleyes:

really! oh dear! Iv'e had good results from them in the past Huff! but I suppose they have their share of failures. I think it depends on the counciler you get. anyway I need to get these monkeys off my back asap owen

Hi donor25 sounds good. I will be pleased to see if you have a reply from them.My dillema is with being under the Citizens advice B I'm worried that if I just send off a stat barred letter Citizens may take the huff and advise me to go elswhere.....spooky. cos they are a great help, as is this site,and teamI'm thinking that citizens might carry more weight with the stat barred letter.cos they don't stand no nonsense from these lowlifes.owen

Hi Owen.

Just to let you know had a reply from Crapquest today

confirming the account is closed and were no longer persuing me.

I'm pleased for them, cause they were not getting anything anyway

hope you have the same luck mate.:D:D:D