The other test case

Alphageek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know anything about the test cases for credit cards that I think were due to start today?

There was a thread that got a little heated and so was closed to new posts.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

It started at 10 sharp. Will be on all week

• Haha 1

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Is this the Manchester one ?

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Yes. Section 78 and prescribed terms

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

are they just hearing it this week or will there be a ruling at the end of the week?

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Axiom, thanks 4 that fantastic mbna too yes please if u could find out any more that would be great as i have a vested interest in mbna

Wasn't it MBNA who had the penchant for microfiching then destroying all the original documents as a matter of course?

No wonder then that they settled and don't want anything like that going to court.

If so that doesn't mean you get off lightly as they will probably play the numbers game - that only 1% will get them to the court steps.

From the website of a CMC.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx had brought legal proceedings against major credit card lender MBNA for what they believed to be significant failings in their obligations under the Consumer Credit Act.

However just hours before the trial was due to commence at the Manchester Mercantile Court, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx's nominated solicitors for the case, BPS, were contacted by a representative from MBNA asking what it would take for these cases to ‘go away’.

The answer was simple, ‘what is right for the client’ and in this instance that resulted in a full write off of the outstanding balances, a total of £17,256.

‘Today’s result is a signification move towards forcing lenders to accept responsibility for what we believe to be serious failings. In this instance it was clear that the lender, MBNA, had failed to comply with the regulations and has resulted in the clients having a substantial sum written off. We would have liked to have met them in court today however the right outcome for our clients has been achieved and we are celebrating.’

Dec

01Success over MBNA

Written by Andrew | Filed under In the News | No Comments

MBNA capitulates just hours before the trial begins!

Two clients, two credit cards with balances totalling £17,256 and one claims management company determined to champion for the consumer.

Credit Issues had brought legal proceedings against major credit card lender MBNA for what they believed to be significant failings in their obligations under the Consumer Credit Act. However just hours before the trial was due to commence at the Manchester Mercantile Court Credit Issues’ nominated solicitors for the case, BPS, were contacted by a representative from MBNA asking what it would take for these cases to ‘go away’.

The answer was simple, ‘what is right for the client’ and in this instance that resulted in a full write off of the outstanding balances, a total of £17,256.

Credit Issues are at the leading edge of the claims management industry with what is believed to be the most advanced legal argument of any CMC. Legal Services Director, Lee Lipson, comments ‘Today’s result is a signification move towards forcing lenders to accept responsibility for what we believe to be serious failings. In this instance it was clear that the lender, MBNA, had failed to comply with the regulations and has resulted in the clients having a substantial sum written off. We would have liked to have met them in court today however the right outcome for our clients has been achieved and we are celebrating.’

B3RTY,

Indeed but what do you expect from MBNA all mouth and nothing to back it up.

Do not worry though fellas I have a court hearing on the 14th Jan 10 and it will be a very juicy event.

After I have finished with them I have no doubts the judge will order it to the high court.

PF