barclaycard/mercers

walkinthepark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It can't hurt, and at the cost of £1 to you it might help.

Yes, they can now supply a reconstituted agreement in response to your request, but they also have to tell you it's reconstituted and should tell you if they still have the original, and that piece of information alone may be all you need.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi SS

The banks et al can send you toilet paper in response to s78 request, however enforcement in the courts is another matter. Manchester test cases were about s78 and nothing else. HHJW posively said that he was ruling on nothing else. Nothing has changed. In fact if the whole judgement is read through and not nit picked all the time then there are positive avenues for consumers to exploit. try the other threads but they are much involved. claim stayed for cca test cases and dissecting the Manchester rulings.

OR

ah, i see. you mean that the bank can satisfy a s78 request by sending rubish but it doesnt chnage the fact that they still need to produce proper docs to get a judgment?

This is a personal choice, but there is no reason why you can't do both and the lack of the original agreement or a reconstituted or copy agreement that lacks prescribed terms may give you incredible bargaining power.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hi

I'm wanting to claim my PPI back as I wasn't aware that it was optional. Also, can someone tell me if having PPI is useless if you work part time as I only work 19 hours? Does it state on your statement that you are paying for PPI. I've had this credit card for years and I'm sure I've got PPI but don't want to look an idiot. My credit card is in dispute and I want to make doubly sure that I have it before I contact Barclaycard. Thanks.

Edited by walkinthepark

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

I'm wanting to claim my PPI back as I wasn't aware that it was optional. Also, can someone tell me if having PPI is useless if you work part time as I only work 19 hours? Does it state on your statement that you are paying for PPI. I've had this credit card for years and I'm sure I've got PPI but don't want to look an idiot. My credit card is in dispute and I want to make doubly sure that I have it before I contact Barclaycard. Thanks.

Please read the stickies at the top of this forum for all the necessary links to help you claim. Here are a few to get you started.

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

BANKS are giving incorrect advice on PPI

Full SAR for ppi

Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

You can be specific with what data you request although the Subject Access Request is really asking for everything. The Statutory fee is £10.00 Postal Order is fine but keep the details of the number for future reference. The post office will be able to confirm when it was encashed (just call 01246 542091 they will even send written confirmation if you request it) Send all correspondence by at least recorded to be signed for so you can track delivery through Royal Mail

You should request the following documents:

A true copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement with the Terms and Conditions that were applicable at the time you took the loan/card/mortgage.

A ‘demands and needs’ questionnaire.

Copies of all statements applicable to the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all correspondence that apply to you as a data subject ie letters, emails, faxes etc.

Copies of all recorded telephone calls or transcripts of the recordings.

Copies of any notes made by bank/loan company staff in their dealings with you as a data subject.

Do not be fobbed off by them citing issues such as relevant filing systems.

If they have any records/data on you as a data subject and it is held under your name, address, post code, account number/s or any other system where the data is identifiable to you then it is a relevant filing system. Even if it is a specific serial number on microfiche records and the serial number is applicable to you.

Mis-sold PPI? Want your money back? use these links to help

This should keep you busy. Homework first then get your money back.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 1 month later...

I'm in the process of sorting my debt out. All is going well but I was wondering if someone could explain this to me. I've noticed on my statement it says Purchase Interest £8.00. I know this might be a silly question but I want to settle my curiosity as every pound counts! Why do they charge you Purchase Interest even if you don't use your card to purchase anything? There I've said it now .......

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of advice required. I've come to an agreement with Barclaycard to pay a certain amount off every month. Also, after I complained to them about the service I was getting ie numerous phone calls from Mercers etc they agreed to stop interest. This agreement would be reviewed at a later date. I'm now getting charged for late payment and going over my credit limit. I pay before the 'date due' date on my statement because I pay with s/o. I suspect it is because I'm not paying the full amount required. Is this correct?

Also, it isn't me that's gone over my credit limit but the charges that have been put onto my account that has taken me way over.

If I send a Subject Access Request off could I claim back the charges? Is it better to do this then a CCA?

I've noticed it has now been passed to Calders from Mercers as well.

Kind regards

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert