barclaycard/mercers

walkinthepark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not if you arranged a short payment amount each month

id send BC an sar and get all the statements.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is this your marbles card or your Barclaycard?

or are they the same one?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ive merged an old thread here for you too

and they

Hi WITP,

You could send BC a CCA request because it's just £1 and they should send you a Statement of Account - ie they'll tell you the remaining balance.

They'll also supply, or not, the credit agreement or their usual documents. However, due to the age of the debt it should no longer be showing against your CRA files. Plus you say it's nearly paid off anyway.

The SAR is £10 but I'm not so sure it'll tell you anything you need to know at this stage.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

If it's 6 years or more since you defaulted on payments, the a/c should no longer be showing on your CRA files.

Have you checked the CRA's recently.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 months later...

Hi I sent a SAR to Barclays using a template for information on all charges on my credit card account plus £10.

Years ago, I had to come to a mutually agreed amount to pay off my credit card bill as I was struggling to pay the minimum amount.

Of course, until they accepted this amount they kept piling on the interest and charging me for not paying all of the minimum payment.

I used to pay what I could.

There's also some late payment charges on there as well.

I've now received copies of all my statements which I've already got.

I'm not great with figures so I wanted a breakdown of all charges, not all of the statements. Am I asking too much?

On those statements it will tell you any late payment, or over limit fees they have added.

Can't help feeling that you've been cash cowed for the last five years and all of this should have been done on 2012 when you first asked for advice.

Whatever you're paying them, is simply profit now, you paid what you owed years ago.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

well the charges should easily be seen in the statements.

late/over limit fees [fixed sum like £25 or £12 etc etc]

and they

There's no shortcut to doing what you need to do yourself - namely, going through every statement to identify each and every late fee, missed fee, over limit fee, bounced payment fee.

BC will not provide this for you - you have to extract the data yourself.

Once you've done this you should enter the figures on a spreadsheet. If you want to take BC on for the maximum you can get back from them, use a compound interest spready and an interest rate of 19.9%, 24.9% or 29.9%.

The amount you can reclaim may surprise you if the charges go back a few years.

See examples of *WON* claims against BC here - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-Barclays-BCard-and-Woolwich-successes

You'll have to take court action against Barclays Bank PLC t/a Barclaycard and the bank WILL defend. But if you do your homework, you have a good chance of success.

Read through a few of the *WON* threads - everything you need to know is there. We can help you through the process but we can't do it for you. If you want to get your money back with interest, you'll have to do the work.