barclaycard/mercers

walkinthepark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I came to an agreement with my credit card company so have been paying an agreed amount every month. I had a letter last week saying they need to review the situation so want my pay slips, I & E etc. There hasn't been a change in my circumstances except my rent and Council Tax have gone up. I don't suspect they will lower their payments though lol.

I'm loathe to tell them my details again but then again if I fill in their assessment sheets it's done and dusted (hopefully). I've not CCA'd them as I've always managed to come to a mutual agreement and as long as the debt goes down I'm happy. Advice welcome.

You are under no legal obligation to provide them with this information. Just pay them what you can afford. Lower the amount you're paying if your outgoings have increased.

Also when did you take out the card, and have you sent them a CCA request yet? Also do you still have the default notice? Chances are they will have slipped up with one or both, and it could put you in a much stronger situation when it comes to dealing with them.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

If you can, scan it, post it on here (remove anything that can identify you) leave the dates intact though. Many default notices are invalid, so it could give you something to fight back with.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Default notices are just as important as a CCA when it comes to having all the correct info on them. So worth seeing if you can pin them down with something. Then you could offer a 20% full and final settlement and they wouldn't have much choice not to accept it.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Can someone explain this ........ even though Barclaycard/Mercers have accepted a mutually agreed repayment package it has now been passed to Calders. I know they are all the same people and Calders are accepting the repayment package, I don't understand why it's been passed to them. Hopefully someone can enlighten me. Thank you.

because they phonedrone/threatmonkey you probably dealt with at mercers, forgot which desk he was supposed to sit at and ended up on the next one along, where the script in front of hiom says that today he is employed by Calders, its ok next week he will move back and the script will start Hi Im threatmonkey Dave from mercers:D

Can someone explain this ........ even though Barclaycard/Mercers have accepted a mutually agreed repayment package it has now been passed to Calders. I know they are all the same people and Calders are accepting the repayment package, I don't understand why it's been passed to them. Hopefully someone can enlighten me. Thank you.

I has some correspondence from Mercers via letter (re my Barclay card) . Then out fo the blue I recieved a letter from Calders.

Of cause Calders letter just gave a credit card number as a reference ,not that it was about Barclays credit card or that the debt had been 'transferred' to them.

Maybe a high level move by Barclays which their 'customers' were not told about

• 1 year later...

For a few years now I've been on a lower payment deal with BC which is reviewed every 6 months (which is up.)

I had a letter a few weeks back stating that they have enclosed a letter which they've sent to my debt management company even though I don't have one.

No copy was enclosed.

I sent a letter back stating this.

I told them nothing has changed.

I've now received a letter saying that they have enclosed another letter which I need to send to my DMC but if I don't have one please ring us and we will discuss the account.

No such letter has been enclosed.

I think it's just a ruse to get me to ring them.

I feel as though I want to send a letter back saying I have read the letter to my DMC and I'm thrilled you are wiping the debt :)

I've sent a CCA request but what do I do in the mean time?

I would tend to carry on paying at the lowe rate and wait to see what they do.It does sound to me like the usual devious route to establish a contact with you by telephone. I feel it always best to avoid telephone conversations as they are trained operatives who will always try to push you into an agreement that you cannot afford. You could write back and suggest that you will only deal with them by letter and NEVER discuss your fimnancial affairs by telehphone.Send it Recorded Delivery of whatever it is called these days and keep the receipt. That way they cannot deny you have written to them.

Post any response that you get on here.

You will find Barclaycard are devious to say the least.As long as your ability to pay the agreed amount has not changed,then just continue to pay that amount,they have to accept it.Barclaycard signed up to the Lending Code Of Practice and as you have a DMP they agreed to abide by the arrangement.

Do not phone them.

When did you send the CCA?

Regards FS

I only sent it last week. I must confess I've been dragging my feet in sending it off as when things go quiet I don't want to rock the boat and fire them up again. I still feel a bit nervous of them I'm afraid. They tend to come after me every 6 months when it is up for review.

How old is the account???

If 5 years or less I would expect

them to have the agreement.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 5 years later...

I've been paying off a Barclaycard debt for a few years now.

The monthly amount is still a good amount though.

I've nearly paid it off but I've received no paper statements for a few months.

I've asked them to send me statements and received a letter from them today.

First of all they said my account is now with debt recovery so no more statements will be sent out.

They've also said before our arrangement comes to an end to call them to discuss my situation.

Lastly, as the account is with the recovery dept they may transfer the debt to an external agency but will let me know beforehand.

Their threatograms do not concern me but just wondered what they are up to especially when the debt will be paid off soon.

I thought I was entitled to still receive paper statements.

Thanks.