barclaycard/mercers

walkinthepark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks - I do want to pay the debt off but will think about CCA them if they get nasty. Regards.

I appreciate you want to do the right thing. Please remember that you are now dealing with 'people' that are on commission to get as much money as possible out of you.

Also, if the original lender has sold the debt to the DCA then the original lender has got all the money they will ever see. All you end up doing is lining the pockets of the DCA threat monkeys - which only encourages them.

Not saying your wrong, just food for thought. Personally I can see no reason to feel any moral obligation to a DCA. Original lender who is helpful and comes to workable solution for all parties, perhaps

Mercers are the paramilitary wing of Barclaycard:D

Just file their letters, keep all envelopes, staple them to the letter. These could be important at a later date.

Just shout if they get heavy.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

I've set up a s/o to pay a credit card debt off without Mercer's involvement. The first payment must have gone through as they are contantly ringing me, probably for more money. The money I'm giving them each month is a good amount. I don't want to get out of paying my debt off either. The problem is they are now texting my landline. If I'm not in it will keep ringing every few hours until I listen to the message. It can ring at 11 pm so how can I stop them doing this? I cannot afford to give them anymore. If I write to Barclays they just text me to say Mercers are dealing with it. Thanks for any advice.

You can stop the text service with BT.

I think I did mine online or alternatively you can ring them up.

If I can find more details I'll post here in a mo...

INFO TO OPT OUT

If you want to opt out of receiving texts on your landline (and therefore opt out of calls from 08456021111), then phone 0800 587 5252 from your landline, select option 1 then option 5.

Edited by WelshMam2009
Additional info added as promised...

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Keep a log of all communications, record the time and date and complain to trading standards, no law allows you to be harrassed by calls at 11pm

Contact Mercers (in writing) and make a complaint, yoiu may also wish to make a complaint to the CSA I have a complaint since they now insist that they are the correct path to take when disillusioned with a Rodent of the mercers variety.

I an a few others would be most interested to see their response

BT Choose to refuse service is here: http://www2.bt.com/btPortal/application?origin=mb_product_atoz.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.portlet.event&pageid=mb_pns_catalogue&portletid=mb_pns_catalogue&wfevent=link.Product&com.bea.event.type=contentclick&oSiteArea=mb.corp&oPJsp=mb_product_atoz.jsp&oPt=mb_pns_catalogue&oDocumentId=products/choose_to_refuse.xml&oOJsp=mb_product_atoz.jsp&oPg=mb_pns_catalogue&oDocumentType=Product&siteArea=mb.corp&PorS=products&productDetail=products/choose_to_refuse.xml&contentType=Product

Although you may also wish to look at the Truecall product available through CAG, a truly ingenious piece of kit, even if a little expensive

Telecommunications Act 1984 (c. 12) - Statute Law Database

You can remind the louts at mercers that they are committing a criminal offence also, and you will be too happy to oblige the Police in their investigations

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

Most of my creditors have accepted a reduced payment plan except Barclaycard. I've set up a standing order with them. Now they are saying that they wanted a larger first standing order payment which will then be reduced by £12 each month after that, to set "the deal" up. I've spoken to at least 3 advisers but haven't gotten anywhere. They seem to keep raising the bar all the time. I've now been told to ring back before Xmas to set the deal up. Do I go along with this and try and pay the higher amount to get on the lower repayment plan or will they just raise the bar again? They are still putting interest onto my account and they said this will continue until I get myself on to the 'plan'. They are pushing me further into debt. Any advice appreciated.

Have you cca'd them yet to see if the agreement is water tight, also if you have agreements with other creditors then by paying these fools more your other creditors may demand more too, stick to your guns and only pay what you can afford not what they demand

The amount you pay is up to you what ever you can afford should be split between your creditors on a pro-rota basis. There is a personal budget sheet that you can use here.

National Debtline England & Wales | Personal Budget Sheet

That is of course if Barclaycard have a correct CCA for this account. You could send them a copy of the budget sheet if you wish but you dont have to. You decide what you want to pay and pay it if they agree or not. Also dont pay by DD or give them a debit card payment set up a standing order or get a payment book off them.

Regarding the interest still being added there is a letter here to send them.

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/temp/6280_35731.pdf

Hi thanks........I'm already paying them by standing order each month which I've been doing several months now. I really don't want to get out of paying the debt off so haven't CCA'd them. Funny thing is I've now received a letter saying a debt collector will be coming around even though another advisor told me a couple of days ago to ring them back in a couple of weeks! It's just like each advisor starts from scratch with you all the time, he even said he would stop people ringing me because he had spoken to me. I've had no phone calls but received a letter instead!

OK so you have been playing ball, and now the bullies want to take it off you.

Time to grow some minerals and show em who's in charge here!

Continue paying them via standing order, what you can afford to pay them each week/month.

Now because they want to feed their fat little faces, glutteneous pigs, send them a CCA request, as for Mercers and Doorstep collectors...:lol: print this off, keep it by the front door and 'IF' any uneducated 'doorstep collector' turns up, stick it in his hairy palm and shut the door.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-

And follow this advice:

Give them the template letter linked below through the letterbox or chained door.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...ep-visit-.html

Tell them to leave as you have nothing to discuss and all communication must be in writing.

Tell them you will call the police if they don't leave immediately.

Remain calm and polite at all times.

Walk away from the door so the visitor cannot try and talk to you.

If they don't leave, call the police to report that you are being harassed and the visitor refuses to leave.

And if they are in anyway deluded that they can ring you as and when they please:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/52-harassment/135--harassment-by-telephone-response-letter-

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks again. When I spoke to them I was quite assertive so I am learning! It's just really frustrating when one advisor doesn't know that the other has just spoken to you. It's like having to start from the beginning again. I hate when they say "to set the deal up you have to do this and that" because it's always out of your reach. I've never missed a month in paying them something so I'm trying my best. I will send them the letter regarding the debt collector though. Cheers.

Hi thanks........I'm already paying them by standing order each month which I've been doing several months now. I really don't want to get out of paying the debt off so haven't CCA'd them. Funny thing is I've now received a letter saying a debt collector will be coming around even though another advisor told me a couple of days ago to ring them back in a couple of weeks! It's just like each advisor starts from scratch with you all the time, he even said he would stop people ringing me because he had spoken to me. I've had no phone calls but received a letter instead!

Listen W in the P, you need to read a bit more on these forums to realise what these companies are like. They will treat you like s**t. No matter how nice you are to them it doesn't count. You might think by cooperating with them and paying them what they want, they will treat you fairly and sympathetically, but they will still sell your debt on to a DCA, even though you have a payment plan in place. Wise up mate, and treat them with the contempt they deserve.

Get those CCA's requests off asap.

jed

It doesn't matter whether you remember signing one or not and it doesn't matter if you have got it. If they haven't got one they cant produce it in court, so the alleged debt will become unenforcable.

Do some reading about credit agreements.

jed

You need to STOP talking to them over the phone, their is no evidence if you continue to use this method, unless you are recording your phone calls.

They will tell you what you want to hear, in order to get a payment from you, they work on commision so each time you ring and you speak to a different threat monkey, all they want is some form of payment from you or agreement, so they can get their commision.

STOP TALKING TO THEM OVER THE PHONE!

I don't usually talk to them as I can tell when I pick the phone up it's from an office so I just stay silent. Unfortunately, they sometimes catch me out so I will just put the phone down in future.

Do a little chuckle just before you hang up:lol: