barclaycard/mercers

walkinthepark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My credit card debt has been passed to Mercers. I've told them how much I can pay and that I will pay by s/o (they wanted a direct debit but I've refused). As I've not heard fom them regarding my letter to pay by s/o I still want to send a cheque to them which I've been doing for the past 2 months. Who do I send it too Barclays or Mercers? :idea:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mercers ARE Barclays!:shock:

They haven't passed it onto anyone, except the cleaner in the next office.

Just go ahead and set up a SO through your bank, you don't need sharklays permission.:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Someone has previously said that sending a cheque isn't a good idea but if I use internet banking I will have to give them my card details, so what's the difference? Also, if a set up a s/o how can I do that without Barclay's giving me their details? Sorry for being slow but I'm new to this. Regards.

Take a look on your sharklays statements, their banking details will be on there, as for your bank details, and setting up a S/O it is completely different to a DD, a DD allows the company/organisation to take whatever amount of money they want out, where as a S/O is controlled by you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Internet banking has nothing to do with your switch card.

Like I said before it depends wether your bank has the facility.

You would pay them as Bazooka Boo has already said.

You just enter their account number, sort code, your barclaycard number as the ref and the amount you wish to pay, it is then transferred direct from the balance of your switch account. No other card details are involed other than the Barclaycard account you are paying.

Hi

A little advice needed! I've just sent my standing order form to my bank to pay off a debt every month. They've emailed me back because I haven't put any payment reference number on it. On the form it does say (if known). I've supplied the sort code and the account number which I found on the back of my credit card statement. Where will I find the reference number. Thanks.

Hi Can some kind soul point me in the right direction? My credit card debt has been passed to Mercers. I have spoken twice to them on the phone (never again!). We agreed a mutual sum each month to pay this debt off. Unfortunately, they requested my bank details for a DD. I refused so it became stalemate. I wrote to them to ask for their details so that I could set up a s/o. I didn't realise at the time I could do it without their permission. Before I heard from them I gained more knowledge from you guys so I went ahead and set up a s/o. They've now replied to my letter saying that I need to pay £x amount to bring my outstanding balance up to date. My s/o payment doesn't start until next week so how should I reply to their letter? Kind regards......

:?:Hi Can some kind soul point me in the right direction? My credit card debt has been passed to Mercers. I have spoken twice to them on the phone (never again!). We agreed a mutual sum each month to pay this debt off. Unfortunately, they requested my bank details for a DD. I refused so it became stalemate. I wrote to them to ask for their details so that I could set up a s/o. I didn't realise at the time I could do it without their permission. Before I heard from them I gained more knowledge from you guys so I went ahead and set up a s/o. They've now replied to my letter saying that I need to pay £x amount to bring my outstanding balance up to date. My s/o payment doesn't start until next week so how should I reply to their letter? Kind regards......

I probably wouldn't bother entertaining them with their game of letter tennis, you've got he SO set up so wait until it kicks in, and await the next barrage of deforestation to hit your doormat, saying it isn't enough..

Or you could simply write them a one liner informing them that payments will begin next week.

Hi WITP,

You were right to refuse the DD arrangement - keep control for yourself !!

If you are willing and able to make the agreed payments to clear the a/c, fine.

If not, make the payments as agreed just now but send Mercers a CCA request by Rec'd Del'y - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Are there any penalty charges or mis-sold PPI on the a/c. If so they can be reclaimed with interest.

If you don't have statements for the a/c going back 6 years, get them with a SAR - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/110--data-protection-act-1998-subject-access-request-

While waiting for their replies, read the Reclaiming Charges guide at Link No1 in my signature below.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)