scotty6kids

Halifax Account (or Lack of)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3632 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I am with the Halifax and have been since 2000 with the same account, its an easy-cash account with no features such as overdraft, cheque book or visa delta card.

I have repeatedly asked for an account update and each time I have been declined. There is nothing on my credit report to cause this and there was one occassion when I sent into the bank to ask about this and was told that I was a high risk customer.....

the only thing I can think of is that my bank was hit with some charges about 5 years ago and there was an issue with it, I ended up claimed this back last year and I thought it was settled.

I have tried writing to them to ask for details of why I am not being allowed a full account and they have never come back to me.

I work, have my salary paid into the account and have my direct debits all going out on time so I am at a loss as to what I can do.

Can anyone offer me some advise?

Thanks

Scott

Hi,

I am with the Halifax and have been since 2000 with the same account, its an easy-cash account with no features such as overdraft, cheque book or visa delta card.

I have repeatedly asked for an account update and each time I have been declined. There is nothing on my credit report to cause this and there was one occassion when I sent into the bank to ask about this and was told that I was a high risk customer.....

the only thing I can think of is that my bank was hit with some charges about 5 years ago and there was an issue with it, I ended up claimed this back last year and I thought it was settled.

I have tried writing to them to ask for details of why I am not being allowed a full account and they have never come back to me.

I work, have my salary paid into the account and have my direct debits all going out on time so I am at a loss as to what I can do.

Can anyone offer me some advise?

Thanks

Scott

You could try another Bank.