PCN from Parking Eye, Aldi Stores.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, Im new to this. About a week ago I parked in an Aldi store and was there for just over an hour. It stated that I had been over the allocated time of an hour and a half and I have to pay £70 or pay £40 within 10 days and that would be that? Has anyone had any dealings with Private Eye and what should I do? Thanks:(

Are they well know? I had a look at their website and they seem legit...how can they work like this and be allowed? Have you had experiences with them in the past then? Sorry for all the questions just annoyed and need some answers!:)

Spend some time on all the posts here, you will a lot of people in your situation who have ignored the invoices and eventually they just go away.

It has been stated that 70% of people pay up when they receive these invoices, fortunately, the other 30% are wise enough to realise that a private company can not impose a penalty on anyone!

Who is going to stop them? DVLA sell your details for £2.50 a time and make £6million a year from it, it certainly wont be them!!

I've spent most of the morning looking at the various posts and the common theme is IGNORE the letters and requests! So I will do that, I am just annoyed that this country lets these illegal businesses hassle people and the weaker ones will pay and not think twice. As for the DVLA what a waste of time they are!

Are you suggesting that I dont even aknowledge that I received the original letter?

Are they well know?

Quote from Al27 that you have just read:

Parking Eye are well known scamsters

I had a look at their website and they seem legit...how can they work like this and be allowed? Have you had experiences with them in the past then? Sorry for all the questions just annoyed and need some answers!:)

Use of the Search facility on here will result in oodles of threads and messages with regard Parking Eye and other Private Parking Companies (PPC's). They all operate with the same business model - scare you into paying.

The advice you receive for a Invoice from any of them is the same:

1. Ignore

2. Ignore

3. Goto 1

You (or the Registered Keeper) will receive a few letters from them initially, some perhaps with red borders and wording to worry you followed by a few more from a Debt Collection Agency threatening all manner of nasty things will happen to you (none of which will) then finaly, you might get a few more from some solicitor after which they will realise your not going to bite and move along to somebody else.

You parked in a Free Car Park - you overstayed by an alledged period of time and denyed somebody else use of that free space at a cost of nothing therefore the potential loss to the landowner/operator was nothing. Under contract law they can only claim their losses which as we can see is - nothing !

Their claim for £70 or whatever they try it on for is meaningless. Aside from that the alledged contract was with the driver of the vehicle, the only means they have of contacting anybody to try and obtain money is by contacting the Registered Keeper (as the DVLA will happy take a few pounds from Parking Eye for this information) - if the Registered Keeper was not driving they have no obligation to say who was therefore Parking Eye have no one to chase - despite what they may suggest in correspondence they will send you.

Blagton.

Are you suggesting that I dont even aknowledge that I received the original letter?

Yep - wasting your time and the cost of a letter and postage. [1]

Sit back and just wait for the well documented junk follow.

[1] If you did want to write a letter then something to your local Trading Standards and MP telling them you consider the DVLA providing your details to PPC's is not "just reason" and in breach of the DPA and finally Aldi stores telling them you will use Lidl instead might be better use of your time.

Blagton.

Edited by Blagton
Added [1]

5/6 letters over a 4 or 5 month period.

Under contract law a party is allowed to claim any actual losses they have suffered. Your actions have cost the other party zero pounds. The amount demanded by parking eye is defined as a penalty - a punative charge - which is not legally enforceable (see Dunlop vs New Garage 1913).

Practically though, all the company does is buy addresses from the DVLA at £2.50 a pop and send out threatening letters. The law doesn't come into it - they just prey on motorists. Feel free to complain to your local Trading Standards.

This [problem] originated when the government started selling addresses to anybody who wanted them. They pocket millions each year so are happy to let the [problem] persist.

It's pretty obvious the current lot will be out in May (although personally I don't think much of the other side either).

Parking Eye - definately ignore.

Local Morrisons carpark is run by this bunch and word is spreading that ignore works well

This originated when the government started selling addresses to anybody who wanted them. They pocket millions each year so are happy to let the [problem] persist.

It's pretty obvious the current lot will be out in May (although personally I don't think much of the other side either).

And will change precisely nothing as they have their expenses to fund as well :D

Thanks for that Al27. I just emailed my local trading standards and also my MP, so will see what they advise me. Its disgusting that they are allowed to work in this way and the gov'ment actually let them do it to make money!?

Thanks for that Al27. I just emailed my local trading standards and also my MP, so will see what they advise me. Its disgusting that they are allowed to work in this way and the gov'ment actually let them do it to make money!?

Lets see how knowledgebale they are then :eek:

You might notice that your V5 states your information may be given to anybody who asks for it and which the DVLA consider "Just Reason" (and for PPC's they do).

At £2.50 x however many requests the DVLA get per year the chances of anything changing are, well - you take a guess :mad:

Blagton

Thanks asmodeus...is there anyone on here who has ignored Parking Eye and has a story to tell, right through to them giving up? any information would be cool to read...;)

Well I've ignored four of their useless invoices and the story is always the same, they send three letters, an outfit called CCS Collect send two or three letters threatening court action, CCJs, bailiffs, kidnap your dog, sell your kids into slavery, stop you getting credit for the next hundred years etc etc, then you just dont hear from them again.

Hanley thanks for sharing your story, its much appreciated. Im just ashamed of this government to allow this to happen to people...its inexcusable...I'll await the letters and keep this updated for future people who try and get ripped off..

• 1 month later...