• Tweets

• @dx100uk @ anyone else interested in Fighting HSBC UK  Staff/department non compliance and incompetence/interference in between HSBC UK and customers.   I wanted to know what you guys had to say about the reply i got from HSBC UK today.    Recap. I originally turned to HSBC UK to be reunited with Money i saved in accounts that where frozen and made dormant during the year 1995.   HSBC UK Teams tell me that HSBC UK only allows them to have access to account records dated back 6 years. there for they do not have the records, can not locate the records i requested for in my SAR. there for HSBC UK teams Ignored my SAR application for records of accounts made frozen and dormant during the year 1995. HSBC then claim if the accounts where closed they will no longer hold records of these accounts and tell that to the ICO. I again explained to HSBC UK and the ICO the records of accounts where left frozen and dormant.   HSBC UK teams continue to tell me over the phone that The records i requested for in my SAR, will not be located or do not exist because HSBC only allows them to have access to records of accounts dated back 6 years.    I returned to HSBC highlighting there is no such provision in the Data Protection Act.   HSBC UK teams today totally ignored my complaint again and confirmed with me they are classing my complaint as wanting to locate accounts that where closed.   Let me know what you think about the  HSBC UK teams response to my last complaint. Is there any other letters i can send them to confirm thay are not correct about what they have done.    The HSBC UK letter starts of by:You've been unable to recover funds you held in HSBC UK Accounts that were closed in 1994 to 1995, and to obtain the account details for the accounts concerned. You've been advised that we only retain records for up to 6 years, but you've been unable to locate any provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA). You require a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned. You feel your Subject Access Request (SAR) has been ignored by HSBC UK.   HSBC UK Teams now go on to explain: In respect of you being advised we only retain records for up to 6 years, but having been unable to locate any  provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA), I can confirm that under the DPA, we are obliged to only keep records for as long as we deem necessary, in order to effectively manage our data. So, for most cases, this will be for no more than 6 years.   In regards to your request for a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned, I regret that this isn't something that we can provide, as we don't keep records of when individual customer data was destroyed. I'd also like to clarify that if the accounts concerned were closed after becoming dormant, that we would have sent you closing statements at the time.   Lastly, I'm sorry you feel we've ignored your SAR. I want to assure you that we'll always look to accommodate a request for a SAR as best as we can. However, if we're unable to locate the account details and information required, this will mean we're unable to fulfil the request, which has unfortunately been the case on this occasion.   How else do you think i can highlight to HSBC that the teams dealing with My complaint, and request to be reunited with my money is not going to departments that can deal with my demand for services.?  
    • Hi   I have to agree if you have paid off the debt owed to them via this meter and are up to date on your bills  I would look at changing supplier and as said asking new supplier to install a standard meter and look for the best deals for you.
    • I have severe anxiety and going to leave my job and have been invited to a meeting but dont wish to attend that is three hours away from where I am. Can I legally give the  permission to decide without my being there? I cannot handle going as I know I'm going to be fired anyway as on my final warning. I'm also giving in my notice this week too! This job is just too much for me now and I cannot work here any longer. It's no good for my health and sanity  I am sick to my stomach thinking about going and about to hand my notice in anyway    
    • Thankyou it’s because I’m awaiting the outcome and a friend said I will be turned down as I asked them a while back if I had ppi on the account and how much it was and they replied.  But they did only send me a short confirmation with the amount and that they trust that answers my enquiry. i just wanted to be prepared if they wouldn’t turn me down based on that. Thanks for your advice on that mate 
    • removed again pcn number still showing   dx  
  • Our picks

jaybyname

Where do I stand?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3595 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, many moons ago I took out log boo loan with mobile money. Its my second one and my second car. Ive used them for years and have always paid and have always had good service. Until now......... Since July 09 ive been on the sick and obviously had to tighten my belt. Having rang all my debtors including my mortgage company and explained my circumstances, they all helped me out and reduced my outgoings until I get back on my feet. Everyone except mobile money! Instead of my usual £390 per month, ive been paying them £50. This was my choice as they would not negotiate a reduced payment so I just forwarded what I could afford. I did not plan to be ill and was no fault of my own, but a little compassion would've been nice. There now saying I have £1000 arrears and need £2000 by the end of january. To be honest, im really ok with the debt, I just dont want them to take my car. Ive explained that being on the sick has'nt helped but they just seem to be not bothered. I have a mortgage of £130,000 and my mortgage company were fine about reduced paments etc. It seems that your not allowed to be ill with mobile money. Any advice guys? Hope you can help.

Jason

Hi all, many moons ago I took out log boo loan with mobile money. Its my second one and my second car. Ive used them for years and have always paid and have always had good service. Until now......... Since July 09 ive been on the sick and obviously had to tighten my belt. Having rang all my debtors including my mortgage company and explained my circumstances, they all helped me out and reduced my outgoings until I get back on my feet. Everyone except mobile money! Instead of my usual £390 per month, ive been paying them £50. This was my choice as they would not negotiate a reduced payment so I just forwarded what I could afford. I did not plan to be ill and was no fault of my own, but a little compassion would've been nice. There now saying I have £1000 arrears and need £2000 by the end of january. To be honest, im really ok with the debt, I just dont want them to take my car. Ive explained that being on the sick has'nt helped but they just seem to be not bothered. I have a mortgage of £130,000 and my mortgage company were fine about reduced paments etc. It seems that your not allowed to be ill with mobile money. Any advice guys? Hope you can help.

Jason

Jaybyname, Wecome, I'm gonna lay it out- HIDE THE CAR-buddy. They will take it and sell it for a small amount. HIDE IT ASAP. Don't hide it local, they will drive around at 4 in the morning and take it. Find a friend/family who lives a few miles away. Then send them a letter explaining the situ, letters only no phone calls, they will call you non stop. ( they will charge you for letters) but you want a paper trail. Over the phone they will promise you anything and everything.

Hide it.

trooper68

Trooper68:)

Fortunately my address on my logbook is different to my now new address but it still doesn't solve anything. Can citizens advice help do you think? I guess they could write to them.

Hi Jaybyname

Cab can help, but you will need to be on the ball with these guys, they may come for the car while you are at work.

It might be worth having a chat with the national debt helpline, they are very helpful. It might be advisable to check the validity of the paperwork you have, the BoS and the credit agreement have to follow strict rules.

trooper68

Trooper - Troop as in an army?

How many individuals have access to this ID?

There is no way the above posts 30/11 and 01/12 are input by a single entiity?

STJ,

How on gods earth do you come to that conclusion? Trooper has been around here for ages and has helped countless people, and is also held in very high regard from what I can see.

With comments like yours you will soon alienate yourself on these boards, which is sad.

Lighten up, chill out, take a prozac or something. even ring the Samaritans if you think it will help, but for gods sake take a few deep breaths before posting totally unsubstantiated comments. :oops:

UKD

Hi again. Its been a while. Just another update and help (trooper, are you there?). The saga continues...im still in the same situation and off work due to illness but getting better and hoping to be back in Feb. Following on from my concerns about mobile money and my car, I managed to have an interview at my local CAB yesterday to explain in detail why they won't budge and help me out until I get back to work. All Im asking for is a little compassion as im ill!! The lady at CAB rang mobile money and was pretty shocked at their attitude and we seemed to get no where. Following this, Ive left her a copy of my BoS and with the help of her supervisor are looking into it. Ok, so im in arrears, im aware of that and Im also aware of the fact that I have to keep going to mobile money to 're-sign' every 6 months (short term contracts I believe). Im ok with that, Im ok with the mounting arrears, Im ok with staying with them for the rest of my life, Im just annoyed at the fact that they refuse to come to some sort of payment plan/arrangement. Hell...I could afford a little more each month if it helps. All my argument is, is the fact that I need my car, im off work and can only afford what I can. £50 instead of £390 per month. Simple. Why won't they come to some sort of agreement? I have until the 23rd of Jan to come up with £1800....right o!! All other debtors are absolutely fine about my situation. Ill just wait to see what CAB says. Is this bad business the're promoting-no empathy/compassion. Would OFT or Trading Standards help?. My partner is now in on the problem and is helping me find a unit to hide the car, if not my parents house. I have plenty of places, and to be honest, there'll never find it!! Any ideas? What can actually be done to resolve this? Hope you all can help........Cheers

Jason

Posted by jaybyname viewpost.gif

Jason

Ive a log book/mobile money loan!!!!...........just need to know who actually owns my car? Me or them. I know they have my V5 but can I actually order a new one and sell/give my car to say, my girlfriend. So as to change details on new V5 etc. Surely then its protected as the car no longer belongs to me.:rolleyes:

Ive a log book/mobile money loan!!!!...........just need to know who actually owns my car? Me or them. I know they have my V5 but can I actually order a new one and sell/give my car to say, my girlfriend. So as to change details on new V5 etc. Surely then its protected as the car no longer belongs to me.:rolleyes:

Who's name is on the V5? Who ever is on the v5 is the keeper.

trooper68

Hi Jaybyname

Sorry to hear of your continued illness. Hope you get well soon.

As you found out LBL don't play ball at all. My advice is not to call them at all everything by reg letter only- you need to keep a paper trail.

Keep the car hidden. Did you post up all your paperwork from LBL, BoS, CCA? I cannot remember-sorry. If you did not - can you post up with all your personal details removed- we can look at the BoS and CCA.

Oh DO NOT SIGN ANOTHER AGREEMENT or BOS.

You could get the ball rolling with the TS, LBL have had there licence revoked and as such I understand TS-its worth giving the a call.

Above all don't panic-you have the car hidden and one step in front.

Get well soon.

trooper68

I have merged your threads to avoid having to go over the same things twice :)

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Thanks for ongoing advice, my name is on the logbook so im still pleased with that. Im still going to apply for a new one so that I have my own, Ill feel much better if I have one. Ill try and post up a BoS if I can figure out how to do it. Scanner I think!! Car is outside my home still as they have kindly given me until the 23rd Jan before anything nasty happens, although Im still looking out my window every minute of the day!! Ill write a letter to them just to express my opinion/concerns. Trading standards have told me that they can't look into BoS until CAB has delivered their verdict-something about 2 companies can't work along side eachother...

Do I actually tell Mobile Money what im doing or just keep it simple, ie. im just not happy with cooperation etc. or I will still continue to give them what I can. Not sure. Ill keep you posted. Thanks again guys.

Thanks for ongoing advice, my name is on the logbook so im still pleased with that. Im still going to apply for a new one so that I have my own, Ill feel much better if I have one. Ill try and post up a BoS if I can figure out how to do it. Scanner I think!! Car is outside my home still as they have kindly given me until the 23rd Jan before anything nasty happens, although Im still looking out my window every minute of the day!! Ill write a letter to them just to express my opinion/concerns. Trading standards have told me that they can't look into BoS until CAB has delivered their verdict-something about 2 companies can't work along side eachother...

Do I actually tell Mobile Money what im doing or just keep it simple, ie. im just not happy with cooperation etc. or I will still continue to give them what I can. Not sure. Ill keep you posted. Thanks again guys.

If it was me I would have my own copy just for piece of mind. I'm not sure if there is a charge for it...

Do you have a scanner? If you do, use photobucket (google it) the images will be nice and clear, don't forget to remove your details..

Its understandable that TS don't want to step on CAB toes-but they could have given you a pointer in the right direction-so you will need to do a bit of reading and try and get your head around the BoS and CCA.

Start with the BoS First.

There are a number of thing that it MUST conform too to be Valid. If the BoS is void/invalid it puts puts more emphasise on the CCA to be correct-due to the Credit Consumer Act 1974 (plus revissions). which they must follow. What I have noticed is that the guys drawing these up are lazy or just not filling them in correctly-lots of mistakes have been made.

If you do a search on APPLECART, NICKY BODDMIN and UKDEVELOPER they have really got into the technical side. You have a little time-if you can draw a reg letter to MM, state clearly what you want to happen, keep a copy of the letter and make a note of when the signed for it-for your records. You can only try-plus it looks good if they do go further.

Above all don't trust them, even though they said that the 23rd is the day. Hide it for you own piece of mind.

trooper68