style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3631 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

Lost our house in April, Got a shortfall with secured Loan and Mortgage company, I have kept in touch with them as we were homeless.

Now we have somewhere to live, I got in touch with GE Money and explained were we are etc.

They gave me a number to some debt collection agency, (I have this written down somewhere) All the figures etc. I gave them my new address and contact details.

We received a card last week to call quoting a ref number etc, and It happened to be this company asking about my income, I explained to them That they need to send me all the details and I will reply via post giving all info they require.

We will possibly go Bankrupt in April 2010 when I get my tax rebate.

They said they are going to secure the loan. Via taking me to court and getting a CCJ.

If they do this they tell me it cannot be included with my bankruptcy, and I will be Liable when I do find another job etc. Is this correct?

If so then what other ways can I go, as we have NO EXCESS income, currently living off benefits.

Edited by sully123

Absolute crap ( Without being more elaborate) If you no longer have you home what can they secure it against.

It's the old story never talk to these people on the phone. If they telephone you, point blank refuse to give them your personal details.

For a bit of fun you could of course write to them and ask them to confirm their statement in writing.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

So this means any CCJ's that occur between now and next year CAN be included in our file for Bankruptcy

Hi, yes any CCJ's are included in bankruptcy and IVAs. It over-rides them.

As above, they cannot secure a debt against anything if you do not have a property

• Haha 1