• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Issuing a small claims against DCA for default on SAR request.

nick20045
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am about to fill in the N1. Can somebody please confirm if this is correct before I print it and post it to the County Court? Thanks.

(Roughly from Templates).

1: On xx/xx/2009 a Subject Access Request persuant to the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 7 (1) was issued and sent to the defendant.

2: As after the allowed 40 days nothing had been received I wrote again to the defendant on the xx/xx/2009 asking to act as per the Data Protection Act 1998 otherwise the Data Protection Act 1998 says they will be guilty of an offence.

3: On the xx/xx/2009 I sent a Letter Before Action giving the Defendant 7 days to act as per the Data Protection Act 1998 otherwise I will have no other recourse but to contact the Court to get an order.

I therefore seek a Court Order obliging the Defendant to make all the data I seek available and, I also apply for damages at the discretion of the Court.

Any good folks? Or any changes? Thanks.

Edited by nick20045

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D

Any takers please? Is there anything I should add or remove? Also, if they reply that they had sent the information (which they did not) what happens? Will the Judge just strike it out?

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D

This is an example N1 that Havinastella used.

Have a look to see if it gives you any ideas.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/49571-havinastella-lloyds-tsb-3.html#post1592782

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Right, I just noticed this post. You cant do a SC (small claims) against a DCA for ignoring a data request.

You need to do the following:

1) contact the Information Comissioner and report this

2) You can sobpoena the records through a county court

There were no damages done, nor was there any financial hardship (i.e. you werent deprived of funds)

The subpoena will be fun tho, coz you get your evil way with then and you have a right to contact them and rub it in their face lol (be NICE and NO swearing tho!)

Right, I just noticed this post. You cant do a SC (small claims) against a DCA for ignoring a data request.

You need to do the following:

1) contact the Information Comissioner and report this

2) You can sobpoena the records through a county court

There were no damages done, nor was there any financial hardship (i.e. you werent deprived of funds)

The subpoena will be fun tho, coz you get your evil way with then and you have a right to contact them and rub it in their face lol (be NICE and NO swearing tho!)

Thanks for your post. How do you apply for a "sobpoena"?

Thanks.

you need to go into the courts and get a form. Its gonna cos tyou about £90 for it, but when its granted they have no choice but to hand over the paperwork.

I dont know the exact for number, but ask the usher behind the counter and he'll help ya

Many thanks for such a quick reply. Quick story:

SAR made to DCA.

DCA did not send the info.

Reminder sent.

DCA no action.

New SAR sent (to be on safe side) to original creditor.

Original creditor acts on SAR

LBA sent to DCA for their part of information held (mainly the recordings).

DCA claims sent but date can be proved to be a total lie as there is evidence to prove otherwise.

N1 Claim was for an order to act on SAR and award at the discretion of the Court for disceplanry damages.

Question: The N1 Small claims went in yesterday. Do I contact the Court to cancel it or just let it takes its course?

Re the cost it is no problem as I am doing this on behalf of my son and as he is on Jobseekers Allowance he gets remission from fees.

p.s. I do not really understand why a DCA cannot be issued with a small claims to obtain an order to act. At the end of the day, what is the difference if a bank refuses to act on an SAR compared to a DCA who has bought over the debt and now has the rights? A bank not acting on an SAR has also done no damages or financial losses.

Sorry to be a nosey so and so but I love to learn. Thanks for replies.

Ohhhhhhhhhh and while we are at it..............

Can you issue a small claims against a firm of solicitors if they do not act on an SAR? Or is it also a sopoena? Thanks. (Saves making a new thread lol).

After a DAR, you should send only ONE more, then followed by a LBA(Letter before action). An N1 is a "small claims form". So you cant really use that to get access to your data.

In regards to your question. If THEY owe you money, leave the N1 to do its thing. If not, if its purely for the data access, pull it back, or its gonna be £90 spanked for nothing!

Seeing as its for your son, you need to have "power of attourney" i.e. you can act on his behalf. That like a 15 quid fee infront of a "notarary". (Most lawyers will do it)

OK, DCA's (debt collection agencies) rely on the fact that they are "heavy handed". they push their marker to the utter edge of the law (as far as they can).

No1) Dont worry, they have less rights than what you think!

No2) Dont ever let them into your house

No3) They are the drudd of the earth and treat them like that

No4) Dont ever be scared, they are preditors! They feed off of fear!

Hugs

Adrian

After a DAR,

Still learning and dont know what a DAR means unless maybe a typo error as "D" is close to "S". (Not being picky but too many shortened words are used (at the start I found it very confusing) and still getting round the "hang of them" so maybe there is something relating to "DAR")

you should send only ONE more, then followed by a LBA(Letter before action).

Which is what I did. I did not just jump into LBA after the 40 days but gave a chance. Then went to LBA.

An N1 is a "small claims form". So you cant really use that to get access to your data.

Bit confusing cos I was given this link and it seems the member did apply for a small claims for data and it was not struck out (link is in #3 post by silverfox above) http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/49571-havinastella-lloyds-tsb-3.html#post1592782

In regards to your question. If THEY owe you money, leave the N1 to do its thing. If not, if its purely for the data access, pull it back, or its gonna be £90 spanked for nothing!

It does not cost anything for the Small claims application. My son got the paper from the job centre so will get full remission. Hence no personal loss even if it is struck out.

Seeing as its for your son, you need to have "power of attourney" i.e. you can act on his behalf. That like a 15 quid fee infront of a "notarary". (Most lawyers will do it)

I agree with you if a person is acting on behalf of somebody they need a power of attorney but the way I am doing it is, I am writing everything and making the applications as if they had been made by my son. He then (obviously reads them, approves them) signs them. If there is any hearing then I will apply as litigation friend. (I have a case law ready in case that gets knocked back so it has to be approved).

Will answer in between.

OK, DCA's (debt collection agencies) rely on the fact that they are "heavy handed". they push their marker to the utter edge of the law (as far as they can).

As far as they can! Ohhhh they tried it on. What they got back was I cut them down so much to size they have not sent a letter asking for any money for over 3 months now. If somebody had set a rotweiller on them it would not have done so much damage. In fact it got to a stage my son and I were suffering from withdrawal symptoms from lack of hearing from them. :-D

No1) Dont worry, they have less rights than what you think!

They have no rights at all. They work on companies that have given up trying to collect and play on the weak to cave in.

No2) Dont ever let them into your house

They aint got no chance. Although if they send a female round she will be told she can come in only on the basis she signs a disclaimer that she entered to do the hovering and wash the dishes. (At the moment my son and I are in dispute as to dish washing rota). :rolleyes:

No3) They are the drudd of the earth and treat them like that

I heard that if you mix equal parts of sugar and baking powder it kills cockroaches. I wonder if I sprinkle some on a DCA if it will have the same effect. :D

No4) Dont ever be scared, they are preditors! They feed off of fear!

You are kidding! I have taken on bigger people then them lol.

Hugs

Can I just shake hands? I feel unconfortable giving another male a hug. :D:D

Adrian

Sorry about the parts in blue. Mad sense of humour but as you can see from the answers I look at them as a farce.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. Sorry took some time in posting but had to go out. What about my question regarding solicitors? What if a solicitor is sent an SAR and they do not reply? Still a sobpoena? Thanks.