Prepaid meter faulty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I change over to Utility Warehouse and started to have problems with my electric meter. the meter would never cut out or allow me to use my emergency credit. When ever i top up my key it would always show a debt. I reported this to Utility Warehouse back in Sept and was that someone would contact me to arrange for a engineer to come out. No one did. I contact UW again in beginning of Nov and was told as the appointment was not urgent I was told again some will contact me. No one did but I received a letter stating an engineer was booked for 30/11/09.

The engineer came around 7.45 this morning and change the meter. A debt of $73 had accumalted which was transfered over to the new meter which $3 will be collected to clear the debt.

Called UW about this and said it could be a debt from my last supplier. I have a letter to prove I have no debt. Then I was told that someone would contact me again today to arrange for engineer to come back out to reset the meter and clear the debt.

I got a call back and was told that I used the electricity and the debt stands.

I am have never had a problem with using a prepaid meter since joining with UW and I always pay for my gas and electric.

The meter was faulty, How could i tell when i need to put money on the key to top it up. I was never able to budget for the usuage, and it was UW fault that they never fixed it within a resonable time.

What should i do now? your advice would be welcomed

Edited by loupy2005

• 2 weeks later...