Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • 4 th time we've merged your threads  for complete history of your story please keeps to one thread
    • @dx100uk @ anyone else interested in Fighting HSBC UK  Staff/department non compliance and incompetence/interference in between HSBC UK and customers.   I wanted to know what you guys had to say about the reply i got from HSBC UK today.    Recap. I originally turned to HSBC UK to be reunited with Money i saved in accounts that where frozen and made dormant during the year 1995.   HSBC UK Teams tell me that HSBC UK only allows them to have access to account records dated back 6 years. there for they do not have the records, can not locate the records i requested for in my SAR. there for HSBC UK teams Ignored my SAR application for records of accounts made frozen and dormant during the year 1995. HSBC then claim if the accounts where closed they will no longer hold records of these accounts and tell that to the ICO. I again explained to HSBC UK and the ICO the records of accounts where left frozen and dormant.   HSBC UK teams continue to tell me over the phone that The records i requested for in my SAR, will not be located or do not exist because HSBC only allows them to have access to records of accounts dated back 6 years.    I returned to HSBC highlighting there is no such provision in the Data Protection Act.   HSBC UK teams today totally ignored my complaint again and confirmed with me they are classing my complaint as wanting to locate accounts that where closed.   Let me know what you think about the  HSBC UK teams response to my last complaint. Is there any other letters i can send them to confirm thay are not correct about what they have done.    The HSBC UK letter starts of by:You've been unable to recover funds you held in HSBC UK Accounts that were closed in 1994 to 1995, and to obtain the account details for the accounts concerned. You've been advised that we only retain records for up to 6 years, but you've been unable to locate any provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA). You require a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned. You feel your Subject Access Request (SAR) has been ignored by HSBC UK.   HSBC UK Teams now go on to explain: In respect of you being advised we only retain records for up to 6 years, but having been unable to locate any  provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA), I can confirm that under the DPA, we are obliged to only keep records for as long as we deem necessary, in order to effectively manage our data. So, for most cases, this will be for no more than 6 years.   In regards to your request for a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned, I regret that this isn't something that we can provide, as we don't keep records of when individual customer data was destroyed. I'd also like to clarify that if the accounts concerned were closed after becoming dormant, that we would have sent you closing statements at the time.   Lastly, I'm sorry you feel we've ignored your SAR. I want to assure you that we'll always look to accommodate a request for a SAR as best as we can. However, if we're unable to locate the account details and information required, this will mean we're unable to fulfil the request, which has unfortunately been the case on this occasion.   How else do you think i can highlight to HSBC that the teams dealing with My complaint, and request to be reunited with my money is not going to departments that can deal with my demand for services.?  
    • Hi   I have to agree if you have paid off the debt owed to them via this meter and are up to date on your bills  I would look at changing supplier and as said asking new supplier to install a standard meter and look for the best deals for you.
    • I have severe anxiety and going to leave my job and have been invited to a meeting but dont wish to attend that is three hours away from where I am. Can I legally give the  permission to decide without my being there? I cannot handle going as I know I'm going to be fired anyway as on my final warning. I'm also giving in my notice this week too! This job is just too much for me now and I cannot work here any longer. It's no good for my health and sanity  I am sick to my stomach thinking about going and about to hand my notice in anyway    
    • Thankyou it’s because I’m awaiting the outcome and a friend said I will be turned down as I asked them a while back if I had ppi on the account and how much it was and they replied.  But they did only send me a short confirmation with the amount and that they trust that answers my enquiry. i just wanted to be prepared if they wouldn’t turn me down based on that. Thanks for your advice on that mate 
  • Our picks


wanted a replacement not refund from PLAY.COM

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3634 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

hi all,

I have an issue that hopefully someone will be able to help me with. i will try to keep this short and to the point.


  • i purchased Logitech G25 steering wheel from Play for £105.
  • i noticed a tiny split on the attached usb cable. i decided that it might become an issue in the future if it was to get worse.
  • contacted Play and (explictly) asked for a replacement, they said no problem.
  • returned the item the following day.
  • the next day received an email saying they had received it
  • received a second email saying the item is now out of stock, they will not have any more and they will refund me.
  • i contacted them saying i that isnt acceptable, and that if i was told that it might have been out of stock i would have kept the item and contacted logitech for a repair under warranty.
  • it would cost me a lot more to buy the item from elswhere.
  • i was told to send an email to them and they would respond within 72 hours, it has now been about 90 hour (i think i have been fobbed off)

i hope that all makes sense, and it is the short version.


thanks in advance



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

replace or refund is what is mentioned in SOGA.

they have abided by that.





please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.



Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the quick response.

i understand that, but the issue i have is that if i was told it might be refunded i would have kept hold of the item and got it repaired.

is there anything i can do to get the original item back?

the agreement i made with the original man at play was for a replacement.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

No - Play.Com will invarible give money back as they do not wish to hold onto funds. You won;t be able to wind tre clock back as they do not re-despatch items that have been returned. As with all things, the price drops as the date from original launch - check on eBay for old stock!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

you have the right anyway to return the item under the distance selling regulations even if it was not faulty.

In this case you return the item because it was faulty. Because the fault is only minor, they would not be obliged to replace it or to give you a refund. They would only be obliged to repair it. However as it seems unlikely that they are able to repair it then they are obliged either to refund you all to replace the item. In this case it seems that they are unable to replace it and so therefore they are offering you a refund.


In this contract you are the innocent (or injured) party. They agreed to supply you with a certain item and it was part of the contract that it should be in perfect condition. If they cannot supply you with the perfect item or put it back into position where it is perfect, then they are obligedto refund you the cost of a replacement.


This does not mean that they simply must refund you the money that you have paid. This means that they are required to refund you the money that you will have to pay on a replacement elsewhere. This includes any delivery costs -- etc. The bottom line is that you have paid a price and their contractual duty is to make sure that you have the item that they promised you, in the condition that it was promised and only for the money that you originally agreed to pay.


Your position here, would be to find several comparative prices of similar items elsewhere -- including associated delivery costs etc. Then write to your company and tell them that you want them to obtain a steering wheel from them and supply it to you.


If they refuse to do so, then you will have to fork out for a new steering wheel elsewhere and claim back the difference from them through the courts if necessary.


You will win.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps, but not advisable. Action would have to be raised in the Channel Islands, and the court there may take the view that as the items was subsaequently unobtainable, as it was already refunded, their duty of care had been discharged.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for your responses, i really appreciate your time.

i have just received this in response to an earlie mail i sent play where i mentioned the things Bankfodders suggested:


"Thank you for your email.


I apologise that your refund was not actioned as requested.


Unfortunately this order cannot be reinstated and I can only advise that you place the order again via our website.


Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for your patience and valued custom."


amazingly the item is back in stock! but at £169.99!


how do you suggest i proceed?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try a different supplier. BF may well be correct in his interpretation, however I believe this approach is risky, and with the money now back in ytour account, your options with the supplier are limited. I cannot see how you would be entitled to the same goods that are now sold at a higher price, if indeed they were out of stock and sourced them at a higher price, how you would be entitled to it at the lower one. Firms are permitted to reprice, and this is clearly fresh stock.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...