Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement - not sure where to post

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My girlfriend singed an agreement on Saturday for a house we where going to live in. We had already seen the house for about 20-30 mins furnished with its previous occupier.

We felt a bit pressured on the street to take the property then after going on saturday to sign the agreement and going to the house again my girlfriend just said "NO!" not living here.

We went back the agent within 2 hours of signing the agreement and he basically told us to get lost "you signed it now your in a legally binding contract"

This morning he wants us to pay fees for marketing the property again £500+ vat, +council tax for property we not living in, transfer all bills into our name(s) and pay rent until a new person moves in.

The guy at the agency wont speak to myself because the tenancy is in my girlfriends name and he knows she is lacking a bit of confidence and is bullying her and is really aggressive towards her on the phone.

the agreement is water tight with no escapse clauses. Do they have the right to make you pay their fees? and transfer bills in your name etc..?

I have moved this thead over to the relevant forum.

You will get the help you need here. :)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .