nervous_wreak

Pennine Debt - Postcard from Someone who is going to knock on my door

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3633 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there

Two questions really, if someone could help, this is in refernce to a store account

1. With store account, are they different from normal debts, as when i shopped online at this store, on checkout they set me up with a store account straightaway. I don't think I signed any agreement

2. I sent this debt company last Friday a SAR request asking for the signed agreement, but recieved a 'postcard', asking that someone will visit my property. Is there a template I can use to say I do not wish this and please send me the agreement, if I did sign one

Thankyou for your continued help

capturemz.th.jpg

yes

go to template library on this site..... u r looking for DOORSTOP visits its there and send it

it works trust me...

then send them the cca template letter and a £1 postal order

Did you tick a tick box online agreeing to there terms ?

If so this counts as a signed agreement.

You have got a little ahead of yourself with the SAR. First you should send a CCA request together with a £1 postal order, recorded deliver to the debt collector dealing with this.

Go here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html and use letter N.

A SAR will not stop them demanding but a CCA will stop them untill such time they produce an agreement. Remember if you ticked an online tick agreement then this will stand up in court.

You can send this letter regarding the doorstep visit.

Template as posted by cerberusalert

Dear Cretins

I have duly noted your intention to authorise a collector to visit my home.

OFT rules and regulations clearly state that you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you. There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives, to visit me at my property and if you persist in sending “doorstep callers” to my home, you will be reported for harassment and be liable for damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be liable for conspiring in a tort of trespass by acting in defiance of my instructions and sending someone to visit me nevertheless.

Should it be necessary, I will obtain an injunction.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours Faithfully

If anyone should ignor this and visit then you should be aware that they have no powers, they are not bailiffs and cannot enter, remove goods or any of the wild stories they may feed you. They can simply be told to go away just like any other unwanted visitor. If they refuse then call your local police station and report it. (via the police local number not 999)

Edited by ashmk
  • Haha 1

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

Nice one, Many thanks, will send out the letter today

I don't remember a tick box, but it could be there as that is common pratice, bit cheeky for it, with store account, i thought you had to sign it.

Anyway, already send them the 1 pound postal order last week, so lets see whats happens

Many thanks once again

sounds like your on the right track now.... dont worry we are all here to help

If you took out the account before December 2004, then they would still need to provide a signed agreement - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/152384-help-dca-chasing-me.html#post1618550

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html