Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors

Gotta_Lite_Mac
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just after some advice regarding this company. Recieved a letter from them acting on behalf of Wescot Credit Services. I've recieved numerous letters from different companies regarding the loan I defaulted on with Halifax, every letter so far has been an empty threat. Is this the case with this company?

Last payment I made was early 2008 for £2 as a token gesture over the phone, since then only received letters no verbal communication. Am I right in thinking that if I don't have a face to face meeting with someone or conversation on phone in 6 years then by law its written off?

Cant afford to pay anything at the moment, would prefer them to take me to court and be declared bankrupt. Only defaulted because the insurance on the loan didn't cover me.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Steve.

Hello and Welcome, Steve.

How old is the loan ?

Regarding the 6 year Statute Barred situation.........

If a lender allows time to pass without receiving any payment an action for recovery may become barred.

Under the Limitations Act 1980 the time limits are

* in simple contracts, 6 years

* in contracts under seal, 12 years.

If the debtor acknowledges the debt in writing or makes a part payment within the original limitation period, then the time limits start to run again from the date of acknowledgement or the date of payment.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Cheers :) .

The loan is from either 2004 or 2005, it was for £7000 plus £1500 on top of that for insurance. They are chasing me for £6384.57 but apparently willing to accept 50% for me to settle it now.

Was hoping they wouldn't locate me at new address, should of thought of that before signing electoral register.

My only worry is that I could lose possessions, it wouldn't cover the amount they want but it's still a worry. First time I've set up my own home, stressful thinking I could lose anything.

I take it there was PPI on this loan, are you sure it was not miss sold ?

Send them a CCA request to see if they are entitled to collect this debt & if it's enforceable. If they fail to provide it within 12+2 days they are in default of your request. Send it recorded delivery enclosing a £1 postal order.

When you get a reply, scan it & remove any identifying details and post it back here where we can have a look at it. We'll advise you from there.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Just been reading the back of the letter from Nelson Guest. It states:

Nelson Guest & Partners have specific instructions not to deal with any queries arising from the information in this letter and understand that you have been offered all information needed to enable you to settle this account.

Guess i'll have to contact Wescot direct instead